Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nightmare trying to book lessons at Chill Factor e!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have any alternative contact number or email for chill factor e? Or the name of any senior manager there?

I am having a nightmare trying to book private lessons there for my son. This is the only way he can try skiing, we can't take him on ourselves as they won't allow that and there are no groups for his age.

My son is 3 and has had one very successful lesson there already with a fantastic instructor and so I would like to book a series of lessons with the same guy. Reasonable request I would have thought but no.

I have been ringing on and off since the 27th December. They have to ring you back to arrange a private lesson and they never do. Finally last monday 7th jan I went up to the place in order to sort it out face to face. Unfortunately the girl there could not do it as it needed a supervisor who was not present but she assured me she would call me back later that day and if not on Thursday when she would next be in. I duly waited until Thursday but no call came. So I am back on the phone again.

Every time I ring I am told that I need to speak to a particular person who is on the phone already so she will call you back. When I explain that this is the umpteenth time I have called and they never ring back she says they are very busy and it can take 5 days for them to call you back Shocked

So today enough of all that and I request to speak to a supervisor but still no joy. She is apologetic but says she cannot deal with it and she will email the site and they will contact me directly.

Basically when you ring the number you are put through to a call centre which is in Liverpool and they don't have the same information available to them as the bookings staff on site. And you can't actually get through to the on-site bookings staff Evil or Very Mad

I am at the end of my tether with this and given we have now booked our holiday I am considering driving the extra hour and half to go to Castleford which is frustrating becasue I am 20 minutes or so from Chill Factor e.

Can anyone suggest anything? Thanks snowHead

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 18-01-08 17:10; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sarah, Nightmare! I would drive to Castleford and make a day of it by going to see a film and having a meal etc. They don't deserve the business at Chill Factor with that level disinterest. You have been amazingly patient already.

They all may have a minimum age but if so it should be prominent on their respective websites.

Good luck and I hope you all have a top holiday.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Castleford AFIK charge £150 for an hour's private lesson Shocked
They do however offer Parent/Toddler lessons at £30

From their website:
Quote:
A 45 minute lesson for beginners aged 3 to 6 years old. The child must be accompanied by an adult who meets our minimum recreational standards. This is the ability to link your turns, control your speed and use the button lift. The parent is there to assist the instructor in the lesson only. There will be 5 children and 5 adults to 1 instructor. The child will be introduced to the slope and equipment, and taught basic stance and balance exercises. This will lead them to do a basic snow plough and eventually, after more lessons, snow plough turns. This lesson takes place on the Nursery Slope only.

There may be certain benefit in learning to teach your own toddler as prep for the 'real thing'?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hullite, Thanks! they do have min age and it's 3 which my son is - he's already had one lesson, the problem seems to be getting to book others for him with the same instructor.

Butterfly, thanks! I have seen the Parent and Toddler info and agree this would be fantastic, I just wish they would do this at Chill Factor to save me the long return drive. But if I get no joy soon I will do this. I think that they also have clubs for the little ones at Castleford too which they don't have at Chill Factor.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Does anyone have anything good to say about Chill Factor? Shocked

I'm yet to hear a single good comment about the place!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Is Tamworth any closer than Cas? The do 'Kinder' lessons especially for little ones and def have clubs for them sarah.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sarah,

well if anyone from Chill Factor e reads SH, then they ought to know what upsetting a SH can do for their reputation.

I am up in Manchester for work this week, and had thought that despite it being a bit of a trek / public transport effort, might try them out with the group I am with.

Customer Service like that really Ps me off, so if they can't be bothered to pass messages, return phone calls or have a sense of common courtesy, then neither can I be bothered to pay them money.

Yah boo sucks, and my toys well and truly out the pram. I admire you tolerance of such shocking behaviour, but they need to realise what it costs NOT to provide a reasonable quality of service.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have sent a PM to someone who may be able to help you. I hope it works. Good luck.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I too have had a mare trying to organise a private lesson, this being for me. I am planning to go on my first ever ski holiday next year, and the others in the party are intermediate skiers. So thought a couple of lessons would get me prepared for the trip. It also happens to be my birthday at the end of feb so thought we would kill two birds with one stone and drive 300 miles to visit the family we are planning the holiday with.

I rang chill factore three weeks ago to organise the lesson and they duly promised a call back in 'a couple of days'! A week later I tried again with the same promise as the reply, still no call and thinking that my 300 mile trip is going to be a bit of waste. Crying or Very sad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
iowdoll, Hi I did get sorted in the end, it was exasperating though. I had advice from beanie on here and I have since spoken to some of the instructors up there and they all know how bad it is. When you ring the call centre next ask for a supervisor, I got one called Nikki. There is only one girl at the call centre who books private lessons, she is Angie. She NEVER rings back, actually that's a lie, eventually she did ring me back about 5 days after the umpteenth message by which time I had circumvented their crappy bookins system anyway. Get the supervisor on the phone explain what a nightmare you are having and ask her to email the the ski school coordinator on site with a message to contact you directly. This worked for me.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Let mey then just 4 yr old loose on the real thing and he's never looked back - had a good instructor - he's 7 now and doesn't still doesn't like indoor but can tackle reds
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
just to update you, i called again today and after explaining my situation and asking very nicely they sorted t there and then. Apparantly their private tuition lessons are pretty much fully booked for all of feb. good luck Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
sarah, Glad you got sorted out. I thought that Beanie1 would come through for you. Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
iowdoll, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

Glad to hear that things seemed to be getting sorted.....shame they don't seem to be able to do it first time.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy