Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

the"WHAT'S IN YOUR LOCAL TK MAXX?" thread...

Poster: A snowHead
was just up at Tk Maxx at meadowbank edinburgh and thought it would be a good idea to start a thread on here letting folk know what's in the local stores.

Store: Meadowbank, Edinburgh

There's not many gloves left, but if you're a girl with small hands there's a really nice pair of Dakine 3in1 gloves in white with removable fleece liner.

Lots of pairs of top end K2 socks (£10) and a few pairs of nordica socks for £7.

I was looking at the XL clothing (cause i'm a big lad) and there's a really nice Lafuma jacket reduced from £250 to £130. There's also a couple of pairs of really nice softshell bottoms and if you're after some extreme weather bottoms, there's Berghaus extreme pants.

There's a few Dakine back packs, but most are on the streeet and surfing side of things.

There's one snowboard, not sure of the make, but it's very cheap and would do for someone wanting to see if their kids really like the sport before splashing out on something more expensive.

There's also a few pairs of DC and Northwave Boarding boots. The one's i saw were size 7 and 8. £70 i think so quite a saving to be made.

There's also a fair load of Bolle goggles

Most of the other jackets and pants and fleeces were Craghoppers and Trespass.

So... Any bargains in your local TK Maxx that might be worth a wee alert here.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wow! Thats freaky. I was there just last night.

There was also some Nike ACG hard shell jackets in there. The only problem is that the part that inflates the is broken. But for £99 for a £400 jacket it may be worth seeing if you can get a replacement part.

There was a pair of Spy goggles sans extra lens and bag for £30.

There was also a heli pack for £30 which looked quite robust.

There are also some board bags for £20
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
credit card profiles Twisted Evil
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
comprex, ?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
shoogly wrote:
comprex, ?

This may add some useful background information.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Do not venture in them very often.

Epsom one is OK - but not much ski gear.

Kingston one is chavtastic.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Haha I was in TK Maxx Meadowbank last night as well!

I'm looking for some new gloves, I want Goretex or eVent but they didn't have much left.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I got 3 pairs of Salomon Ski socks for the rrp of one pair in Leeds TKMaxx.

They've also got good quality branded jackets (HH O'Neill etc) from £60, and ski pants (I can't spell salopettes) from £40.

Hope this helps,

CD.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Unfortunately for me Peterborough must be one of the few cities of it's size without a TK Maxx Sad
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
IoM TkMaxx now have the Spy goggles (+bonus low-light lens) for £13

I was tempted to buy the half dozen they had and ebay them...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My local TK Maxx seems to be filled with unhelpful staff, pikeys and a suspicious smell.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
that's the staff!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Chalky wrote:
My local TK Maxx seems to be filled with unhelpful staff

That is also the case of both the stores in Ipswich & Colchester, the ski gear is normally good, but the fitting rooms are usually out of order and you get given the third degree when you return stuff, I have even been accused of bringing the wrong item back, shame for the store, I was mystery shopping them at the time. rolling eyes
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Our TXMAXX is dreadfully slow at the checkouts, and I agree that the staff aren't the worlds best, but I guess they don't get paid enough to be so. On the other hand if you don't mind being self sufficient and can stand the wait, there are often bargains to be had.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm off to Hatfield one this afternoon. Wifey needs some ski gear & there isn't much in our local one at Brent X.
ski holidays
ssnowman, Remind wifey that its well worth looking at gents gear as well as the ladies rail. I wear gents gear and its not a bad fit on me.
ski holidays
ssnowman, Take a look down the far end top floor at the outlet shop for regata activity clothing. Ski gear at much lower prices, I think because they don't call it ski gear. I have seen some really good breathable stuff for only a few quid. It all depends if you are looking for a fancy label though, if not it can be a really good buy.
snow report
I got a Smartwool merino top in the Norwich one this week - heard good things about Smartwool but been put off by the £40 - £50 price tags, so worth a go at £24.99
latest report
RobinS, Good buy then Smile My SO uses smartwool socks and swears by them Smile

Cant believe some of the stuff they have, and the prices wink
snow report
picked up a pair of "bloc" claw ski goggles RRP £35.00 for the princley sum of five pounds Shocked , a bargain, might have to go back and have another root around Smile
ski holidays
bug all in Tunbridge Wells... Lots in Swansea
snow report
crash hats for kids, 135cm snowboards with bindings, socks, goggles and sunglasses but relatively little in the way of clothing in the Interchange retail park at Bedford today.
snow conditions
Anyone been in to Meadowbank in Edinburgh for a look yet?! Thinking they should start getting some stuff in soon... Don't really want to run the gauntlet of TK Maxx if there's no ski gear!
snow report
t.hyde, There was ski gear in the one off the bypass on Sunday so I wouldn't surprise me if there is some in meadow bank. Probably not the full complement yet though.
latest report
hemel hempstead seems to have the largest stock of ski/snow gear out of aylesbury, hatfield, bren cross & hemel obviously.
some really nice stuff this year.
snowHead
ski holidays
Hatfield = Male and Female limited ammounts of jackets and trousers from Dare2Be; Trespass; some Quicksilver; a brand named 'Lib-Tech'; and not much else.

Watford = Same as above really, in even less numbers.

St Albans = Pretty much as above, but if you're a Woman wearing a Medium size there are 3 Rossi jackets. 1 x their low end insulated jacket, 1 x their insulated jacket with removal fleece inside - looks pretty good imo, and 1 x their high end, seam-sealed, taped zip stretch model. All three are £50 each, and I saw the latter of the bunch in MK Rossi shop 'final reductions' still selling for a LOT more than that. It seems the pick of the bunch, if it's your size it's a good find I imagine.

Cheers.
ski holidays
Absolutely naff all in Chester last time I looked (about a week ago).
snow conditions
Most of the ski gear in the TK Maxx shops currently is the stuff they didn't sell last year. Hopefully the new stuff will be in their stores soon.

I think Xmas must be soon because I've seen the large tins of chocolate on special offer in 2 different supermarkets.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Please don't make me go in that scary shop. Surely a village jumble sale is less stressful? Laughing
latest report
queen bodecia, yeah but the nottingham one has Patagonia gear in for £20 right now . . .
snow report
snobunni, you know I'm far too green to know what 'Patagonia' gear is! Laughing

The one in Mansfield is simply awful. I have seen some ski gear in there before but very little bigger than a size 10. They don't even have shoes bigger than size 7. It gives me an inferiority complex! I admit I'm not very good at trawling through racks in search of I'm not sure what. I guess the Nottingham must be better but I confess I've never dared try!
snow conditions
Quote:

It gives me an inferiority complex!

Because you're not a midget? Puzzled
ski holidays
Went into Leeds & Manchester today. Tatt, Tatt and more Tatt
latest report
snobunni, is that Mansfield Road or Broadmarsh one?
latest report
queen bodecia, lol my mum almost got in a fight there with some of the typical mansfield girls who were being a bit pushy, it was very amusing

maggi, mansfield road
latest report
snobunni, cheers, might have a mooch round tomorrow Cool .
ski holidays
I bagged myself a nice jacket - not sure about the brand (Shredz boardwear) and if it's any good but it's pink and looks cute. It has loads of zips and pockets for things so I like it. Cost me 40 scoobies.

I did see a nice gren Roxy jacket (size L) for about £40 too, although that was definately last seasons because I seen it around then.

They don't have (or didn't last week at least) any salopettes/gloves/goggles in the Boro TK Maxx yet. I might have a nip in at lunchtime.
snow conditions
Lots in TkMaxx Swansea (morfa branch) although nothing that stood as being special. Lots of nice cheap/mid range stuff like tresspass all at cheap prices. Perfect for going on your first hol. Not as much choice in the town centre branch. I always advise the kids who come on my school trip to shop there as it could be their only holiday!
snow report
Went into the Hammersmith one today, awful. Lots of rubbish tatty brands.

Only semi decent thing that might appeal to peoples was a couple of Quicksilver Jackets, not really my bag though.

On the upside I did find a sweet pair of DC jeans so all was not lost!
ski holidays
v1cky24 wrote:
Cost me 40 scoobies.

Hi Vicky, what is the exchange rate for a "scoobie" to the Pound.Ta. Smile

Tat is what I have seen in Glasgow and surrounding stores although this may have changed of late.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy