Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Still have 8 weeks to go, but wanted to see if anyone could update conditions at Ischgl. Seems like a long period of time between dumps. Many thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I am there now. It has been warm this week, but it is now getting cooler. There is snow forecast for this evening and then a biger dump over the weekend. Conditions are fairly good, but due to the warm weather, it was getting spring-like underfoot towards the end of the day. With the temperatures dropping and the new snow, this should be a bit better.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome to snowHeads killban, snowHead
Nice first post Wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's only going to drop as it's night and the sun's not around, it's not a climactic effect! Even then hardly at all. Sorry... this is too close to get much wrong. There would also have to be a fairly major change for any kind of dump around the weekend (much below 2000m anyhow) let alone a "bigger dump!"

There *may* be a tiny dip in temps around the 28th and once or twice around the 1st - 3rd March but the major cooldown is now likely to be around the 4th/5th March.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was basing my info on Snow-forecast.com, which, when I originally posted, was predicting a big dump for Saturday, now, however, it is looking more like a sprinkling. We had snow on the mountain this morning, and this afternoon it was just a bit cloudy.

@carled : Did I mention climatic effect? I happen to know that it usually gets colder at night. Did you want me to also tell you why the sky is blue and how clouds are formed? I have been here all week, and it has got colder during the day. -1 degrees on the mountain today, compared to +3 degrees on Sunday. Now, call me old fashioned, but I would say that was getting colder. If you are looking at websites for the temperature changes to come, then you might even *gasp* be wrong.

@admin : Thanks for the reply. Now can you introduce a new rank for people with more then 800 posts and coming from Leicester. I suggest it is called "super-****head".
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ding-ding...

(settles back in ringside seat)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
red 27, Laughing Fight fight fight NehNeh
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We were there last week too -- we tried to ski our last day on Saturday and failed due to the moderately massive storm that socked in around mid-morning, hung around for the rest of the day, and by 3pm had closed more or less the whole top of the mountain.

It was pretty hairy stuff on the way up in the gondola; several stops, lots of blowing around precariously in the wind, a bit of screaming from the girls, and a forcible unloading at the middle station where we were told in no uncertain terms we'd be going no higher. Pity the poor chap in the gondola behind ours -- his board had blown out of the rack, leaving him with no way down on the piste, and the attendants wouldn't let anyone take the bubble back down. We think he just had to hang around while the piste patrol went looking for his board some 500m below....

So yes, it was warm, slushy and springlike last week, with a dusting of snow up high on Wednesday morning and then more on Friday afternoon. We couldn't get up top on Saturday but I believe a fair bit of snow fell as a result of the storm Shocked , and I think they've had a bit more since....
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
killban wrote:
I was basing my info on Snow-forecast.com, which, when I originally posted, was predicting a big dump for Saturday, now, however, it is looking more like a sprinkling. We had snow on the mountain this morning, and this afternoon it was just a bit cloudy.

@carled : Did I mention climatic effect? I happen to know that it usually gets colder at night. Did you want me to also tell you why the sky is blue and how clouds are formed? I have been here all week, and it has got colder during the day. -1 degrees on the mountain today, compared to +3 degrees on Sunday. Now, call me old fashioned, but I would say that was getting colder. If you are looking at websites for the temperature changes to come, then you might even *gasp* be wrong.

@admin : Thanks for the reply. Now can you introduce a new rank for people with more then 800 posts and coming from Leicester. I suggest it is called "super-****head".

Correct me if I'm wrong... I'm sure you will... but isn't "With the temperatures dropping and the new snow..." an indicative description of climatic conditions...? As opposed to "it's getting colder at night" conditions as I referred to. You said there was snow forecast for the evening on Tuesday 26th and a "biger dump" (your spelling mistake, not mine) over the weekend.

All I did was point out that you were, basically, talking out of your bumhole and you have continued to do so. I said then that there wasn't going to be any major event until, ooh, about the 4th/5th March... Let me see, what date is it today? Hmm and has the weather just changed? Maybe it just has... obviously a lucky guess on my behalf though.

Keep taking the tablets and feel free to keep hurling abuse at me for, well, basically being right. Obviously it's completely justified and I have no problem whatsoever with you continuing to better yourself throught the medium of ranting on the internet. I feel proud at having managed to wind you up so much that your second ever snowheads post was such a vitriolic one against me when I wasn't even that rude by my standards in my reply to you. Usually it takes me two or three posts to wind someone up to that level. I must be improving with age.

But... yeah... why is the sky blue and how are clouds formed? I'm dying to know, do tell...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
killban wrote:
I was basing my info on Snow-forecast.com

killban wrote:
If you are looking at websites for the temperature changes to come, then you might even *gasp* be wrong.

lol! Welcome to snowheads.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
That's telling 'im carled, Twisted Evil

Who does he think he is? '>800 posts and coming from Leicester' Twisted Evil Cheek of the bloke Laughing

DB, wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sorry to take so long to reply, but since I have come back from my holiday, I have not looked here. Just thought I would pop in and see if a mild ribbing would have brought any results. It is always easy to spot the people on forums who have no other interest except the forums.

Here we go:-

Quote:

Maybe it just has... obviously a lucky guess on my behalf though.

That's what I am thinking. Would you have posted if you were wrong?

Quote:

I feel proud at having managed to wind you up so much that your second ever snowheads post was such a vitriolic one against me when I wasn't even that rude by my standards in my reply to you. Usually it takes me two or three posts to wind someone up to that level. I must be improving with age.

Your standards are obviously a lot lower than mine.

Have fun carled.

See you all next year!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
left Ischgl yesterday after a HUGE week of new snow, sun, wind, fog. we had the lot, in adundance. it was epic skiing Madeye-Smiley
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy