Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Places to stay in Livigno

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

My girlfriend and I are thinking of going to Livigno sometime in March.

We are both Beginner/Intermediate snowboarders and looking at the piste map it appears to be one of the more beginner friendly resorts. We are also looking for somewhere with a bit of nightlife but at reasonable cost.

The posts on this forum for Livigno all seem positive so the only thing we need to find out is where to stay...

We are looking for a SC apartment but one that sleeps just 2 or 3 people to keep room supplements to a minimum.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Alan.

PS. We are also looking at the possibility of booking accomodation seperatley and hiring a car from Milan Airport.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi alan
I've stayed in Livigno 3/4 times (up til around 5 years ago) - always in SC apartments and used the nevegall or eden apartments. Nothing special about them but they're at the right end of the village. Village is very stretched out so a lot of places involve a bit of a hike in the morning or jump on free ski bus if room. I always found them to be good value for money as you don't spend that much time in apartments so they're basic enough - you get what you pay for.
I was always part of tour operator if going there cos not that confident in my abilities to drive - its a 3.5 haour bus transfer from airport so if you're confident about being able to follow the route fire ahead
Daragh
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
go to the livigno tourist board site: www.livigno.eu, then you can request offers from apts on the date you need to suit your party size. I always stay in Saroch, and have been loads of times. It justs suits us!

Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
go to either of these guys they can help you out
http://www.mountain-toursltd.com/
or
http://www.livignosnow.com/

they are both english, live in the resort and can help you out with whatever you need and no hidden extras
hannah
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Alan,

Welcome to Snowheads! Me and my other half went to Livigno last year during the second week of March. We stayed at "Gullivers Apartments" which is about a 5 minute walk from the village centre in a quiet area of town. The apartments were excellent, very clean and well looked after and have a little on-site bar which we didn't discover until the last day. Cost was £239 each booked through Thomas Cook.

We've also stopped at Francescato Apartments in San Rocco a couple of years back which I would also recommend. It's ski-in, ski-out and is closer to the nightlife than Gullivers. The only downside is that I've not spotted any decent deals over the last few years that don't have heavy supplements for couples.

As you're probably aware, if you fly into Bergamo, Livigno is a 5 hour transfer (there's a break halfway) but Innsbruck is only 2.5 hours away. No experience of fly-drive, sorry.

Best apres-ski is on the Mottolino side of the valley just next to the gondola station at a bar called Tea Del Vidal.

Have fun!!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi,

Thanks for all your replies,

We managed to find a 3 * studio apartment for £300 each which seems to be not too bad a price for march.

Its in the chalet beatrice apartments through airtours. No pics of them in the brochure or online but apparently they are new so hopefully will be ok.

Cant really find any information on them, has anyone been or seen them on their travels?

Alan.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
this is all i can find on them
Chalet Beatrice

Livigno, Italy, Italy
These brand new apartments offer bright and spacious accommodation, ideal for families, couples and groups and are located in a quiet spot with easy access to all the amenities of Livigno.
Location 500 metres from the resort centre with its duty free shops, the nearest restaurant and bars are only 30 metres away and the supermarket is 50 metres. The free ski bus around resort stops 30 metres away and it is 150 metres to the nearest ski lift.
Food & drink There is a bar selling snacks in reception which is open 7am to 11pm.
Facilities Ski storage - Bar - Cots*.
Board basis Self catering
Accommodation Studios (2 people), One bedroom (2-4 people) and two bedroom apartments (2-5 people), are well maintained and well equipped with shower, kitchenette with 4 cooking rings, fridge and grill, safety deposit box, satellite TV and a balcony or terrace.

i can honestly say i have never been in a bad apartment in livvy and have stayed in a few so i am sure they will be fine and as you say they are definately new so should be very clean. i will be there from the 2nd feb so i will look out for them and let you know on my return
hannah
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
alnmcn wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for all your replies,

We managed to find a 3 * studio apartment for £300 each which seems to be not too bad a price for march.

Its in the chalet beatrice apartments through airtours. No pics of them in the brochure or online but apparently they are new so hopefully will be ok.

Cant really find any information on them, has anyone been or seen them on their travels?

Alan.

not sure whether you have been yet but just found out about the apartments and they seem very good i quote from others

" Chalet Beatriz was a wonderful surprise. Having stayed in self-catered ski apartments the size of broom cupboards, we were amazed at how spacious and, in estate agent speak, "well appointed" the appartments in Chalet Beatriz were, especially as they were the one of the cheapest on the market when we booked them.
You could also virtually ski in and out, with a 30m walk across the road and up a slope to a track which you can ski round to lift 30. We would go up 30 and across to 29, up 29 and across to the gondola which then starts your ascent up the Costaccia side of the mountain. Close to Beatriz is Gullivers Pub (2 buildings along), a lovely shop/deli with everything we needed and the very popular and reasonably priced La Locanda restaurant. The town centre is only 10-15 mins walk away and although buses come fairly regularly, we prefered to do the walk rather than stand in the cold waiting. "

hope this helps
hannah
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hi
we stayed in Casa longa apts next door to the Cronix bar and ten pin bowling
it was handy for our mid resort ski school at lift 20-22 and had a bus stop right outside.
had some good steaks in Marios just up the hill from us
but really a good cheap week our flights transfers and accom were £265 with Panorama booked about 6 weeks before.
Geoff
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
alnmcn, I drove from Milan in January, if you decide to drive from there pm me and I can give you some tips.

A local advised us to use Innsbruck in the future, it's a shorter and easier transfer. You'll also get snow tyres which is something you don't get when you hire a car in Milan, we even tried to pre-book and could only get chains.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
if your going saturday to saturday stick with milan, we have flown in to friedrichsafen and zurich quite a few times in the last few years and each year the queues at the vereina and munt le schera tunnels have been major and getting worse. this year it took us 6 and a half hours to get into livigno from friedrichsafen which is usually a 2 and a half hour transfer, it took us 3 hours to get out of livigno too and that was both early mornings. milan may be further away but there are rarely any traffic holdups so is often quicker nowadays. it has been an exceptional year for snow this season, in 7 years of driving to livigno this is the first year of having to use snow chains so its not normally a problem. we went at the beginning of december, feb half term and hubby is there now and has needed snow chains on all trips
hannah
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
hannah34, didn't realise the tunnels were so bad, I guess its a choice of possibly long queues or no snow tyres.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
they never used to be, there are just alot more people driving nowadays especially from austria, switzerland etc.....pretty much guaranteed snow due to the height of the resort and cheap duty free you see! also this season when we went, there was only one lady on the toll booth for munt le schera tunnel serving both sides so therefore took forever. we normally go in the motorhome so arrive and leave on a weekday and have no problem whatsoever but its been out of action this season so hubby took the car and picked me and the kids up at the airport....never again
hannah
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
hannah34, ah, those nasty Saturday transfers, if you can get accommodation that doesn't have to run Saturday to Saturday there are plenty of flights to both Bergamo and Innsbruck. I'll be doing another DIY next year and I'll try to avoid the Saturday wherever I go although Livigno is certainly on the list.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
kristof,
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy