Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow report 17th January 2008

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Fun, fun, fun in Les Arcs
The weatherHead is happy to return from foreign climes bearing good news of heavy snowfall on both sides of the Atlantic with more snow forecast for the week to come... although highish temperatures have meant that the snow in Europe has been quite wet, and so the off piste conditions have been a little challenging.

Picturesque trees in Les Deux Alpes
Across European resorts the reports are unanimously good, with sustained heavy snowfalls over the past week, leading to freshened pistes, and chaotic transfers. In Les Arcs there has been enough snow that tree wells are a problem, but the skiing is otherwise great under blues skies today. Les Deux Alpes has had heavy snowfall, although the nature of the snow has lead to challenging off piste conditions, and continuing high winds make powder unlikely.Les Gets has also had plenty of new snow, although temperatures are slightly on the high side and some rain is forecast for later this week. Chamonix is also having "very heavy" snowfall apparently. Val Thorens and the rest of the 3 valleys are skiing well, with some beautiful pictures. Tignes has also had even more new snow on top of an already well established base this week. Serre Chevalier has also had about a foot of snow at resort level, with the promise of even more higher up..

Gstaad with lots of new snow
In Switzerland conditions are also excellent, in Zermatt our mighty leader reports "lots" of new snow, and no sign of the reported sausage shortage... As ever we have some beautiful pictures of the conditions this week in Gstaad.

Lovely Obertauern
Austrian resorts are also offering superb conditions, plenty of new snow to be found in Schladming, and Obertauern.

Pow-pow in Whistler
Our friendly snowHeads in North America are enjoying great powder sking, with plenty of new snow. Whistler had some wet snow earlier this week, but normal powder service has now been resumed. Fernie has also had more snow this week.. Tahoe is also skiing well this week.

As always thanks to all those who've contributed pictures and snow reports, we couldn't do it without you. Any queries or corrections please feel free to start a thread in Snow Reports or PM the weatherHead. snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Eeeerm, why is there no mention of Scotland?

Brilliant conditions there at the moment as can clearly be see by reading the "Scotland 07/08" thread here.

C'mon guys you should be shouting about this from the rooftops!!!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Courmayeur had the best snow in the world on wednesday. we skiied it all and it's all gone now thouggh
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It seems to have dumped everywhere: Fernie went from a meagre base the week and a half before I turned up to the deepest base in BC when I left (although I guess some snowHead s in Whistler may attempt to contest that right now Toofy Grin ). La Nina perhaps... snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just trying to keep Scottish conditions low key, so that I don't add to the problems that they're having there. wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
^ to be honest the so called 'problems' (queues etc.) are being exaggerated out of all proportion by a very small minority IMHO - I was up last weekend and had no problems at all.

The main problem in Scotland is that after an initial rush to the hills people forget there's snow and numbers get too low, we need to keep it in the spotlight when there are good conditions IMHO and help spread the numbers over a longer period of time Smile
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I can personally attest to the excellent conditions in Val Thorens up until Saturday (as that's when I left).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy