Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3 Vee's

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey,

I'm heading to the 3V's (mottaret) in a couple of days. what are some runs/iteneries which I should not miss out on? We want to try an explore as much as possible and find the best runs. Can anyone recocmend the longest runs/sets of runs without getting on a lift? I love long runs. We are intermediates by the way.

Thanks a lot.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Martin., have a look at a snowHead site http://www.skimottaret.com/ and scroll down to Ski Tours of the Three Valleys. skimottaret has some great trips and some good info elsewhere on the site.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Awesome mate, thanks.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Martin., Pleasure.
My fave 3v long runs:
Mont Vallon top to bottom
Top of Tougnette to St Martin de Belleville taking Jerusalem at the top (3v pass reqd)
From Saulire take Creux all the way down. (3v Pass Reqd)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Martin.,

Have a look at the "Top five fave runs thread"!

A great long run in the 3V is to go to top of Saulire and then ski down Combe Saulire all the way past the bottom of the big cable car and on down Verdons into Courchevel 1850. Without stopping there is a bridge which you can go under through the C1850 buildings and then take a left turn which runs through the trees to the bottom of a chair, continue past this and down towards Le Praz (piste is Brigues which goes into Boulevard Amoreux) - you can then go all the way down the red including a long run out at the end to the bottom of the two lifts at Le Praz - there is a little pond and you can sit and have a well deserved break in the sun. I think this makes a drop from 2700m to 1300m without taking any lifts at all.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Brilliant thanks, we will be getting the full 3V's pass so anywhere in 3V's is good. I have heard somehwere about a long run in the fourth valley all the way down to Orelle (is this the 4th valley)? Anyone have any experiences with this?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes - Orelle is the 4th valley and I reckon it is pretty good. I don't know if it is possible to ski all the way down to Orelle at 900m but if the snow was good enough that would be a mighty long run from the top of Cime de Caron at about 3000m.

Have a great time but don't wear out all the snow as I will be there 1st March!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Martin., I dont think that there is a valid run down to Orelle? The gondola up doesn't have any runs below it. Unless you're talking about the service road? I stopped of in Orelle four years ago and you had to get the gondola up and down.
btw, We may pass on one of the runs, i'm in Val Thorens from Tuesday. Good luck!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Martin., Saulire to Le Village always a good last run (used to stay in Le Village) Good runs from Mont vallon every/any way down. The run down to La Tania is fun BIG rollers. There are some fantastic off piste runs that are not too hard from the top of Cime de Caron and La Masse, back towards LM, but use a guide if you are not experienced. You can ski fron roc de Fer to Les Allues snow permitting a long easy off piste. Favourite run is Combe Saulire fantastic red first thing, before full of people, always try and beat the cable car back down. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Try this:

http://www.latania.co.uk/photos/2006/Escapade/Escapade.htm
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Three Valleys Escapade sounds fun, maybe not in a day though!

Any more last minute 3vee's tips? leaving in about 2hrs can't wait!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
At least once go to St Martin for lunch. Selection of great runs down to the village eg from Tougnette take either Pramint or Jerusalem, from Trois Marches take Grand Lac & Pelozet or from top of Olympic chair take Verdet. In fact why not go there for lunch more than once! Enjoy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Grand Lac restaurant (Bottom of the Grand Lac Chair,as above) is just about the best value/quality in the £3 IMHO
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It's possible to come all the way down from the top of the Funitel Grand Fond to Les Menuires i.e. a drop of about 1200m without any lifts. Some good bits but some that is a bit of a straight 'road'.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy