Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski school in PSV with snowbizz

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am still in need of lessons as I am pretty useless and lack confidence. I can do paralell turns and stops but i just lack the confidence to go on more then a blue (and even some of them scare me) I am thinking of booking to go with snowbizz as we are taking young kids for the first time, but i want to have lessons too. Does anyone have experence of the adult lessons with snowbizz? Do you move away from the nursery slopes at all, as last 3 times i have had lessons apart from once we have never ventured from the nursery slopes and it is so boring and seeings as we will have the kids in the afternoon i won't be able to go off adventuring. I know i really need lessons and i would like to be able to get to the level of being able to do reds but so far my lessons on previous holidays just haven't pushed us to that level.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
charlichops, I had lessons with Snowbizz, and for me they were OK as a way of skiing with others. I didn't learn much - but most of the people in my group were very good skiers and I think the instructor decided to take a "guide" role rather than teacher role. I would have prefered to be taught technique myself, but it was still a good experience. I've not done much group ski school as I've tended to have private instruction or very small groups (1 or 2 people) so I don't have a lot to compare it with. I did enjoy it though, and I was challenged enough for my level of skiing.

My wife is very similar to you, in that she can ski but lacks confidence. At Puy there's some really great blues which aren't too long, but they feel long enough to get something working. There's not really a distinction between nursery slopes there. There's a few easy short blues and then some longer blues which start higher up. But to be honest there's no real sense of a nursery area.

My wife didn't have a brilliant experience of the lessons but I think she probably needed an instructor who had more sensitivity to her level. Trouble is, she looks like she's good, but inside I she feels like she doesn't know what she's doing. As a result I think her instructor thought she was better/more experienced than she was.
Most other people on Snowbizz hols seem to rate the ski school very highly - so our experience is not typical and I would suggest that you ensure you have an idea of what you'd like to achieve and try and get the ski school to work on that with you. They are very accommodating.

My wife has booked lessons again for this year so it can't have been so bad.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We had private lessons with ESF two years back, and I would fully recommend them. Sounds like you're at a similar stage to me, can ski blues with parallels, but mention a red to me and I start panicking. Our instructor had me down reds within half an hour and by the end of our 6 hours of lessons I was so much more confident. Plus as Puy is small the lessons are cheaper than larger resorts, think it was about 40 euros for two hours.

Liz
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thankyou both, I'm thinking along the lines of private lesson this time, i'm thinking it might just boost my confidence more with a one to one.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
charlichops, You will be absolutely fine with the Snowbizz adult ski school and will be amongst a small group of like minded intermediate skiers.The terrain is excellent for progression from green/blues into reds and the lessons will give you confidence wink My wife was similar to you and over the last couple of seasons has progressed to the stage that she can ski red runs confidently now.
If you want to organise a couple of private lessons then they are very reasonable in PSV about £20/25/hr for up to 2 people IIRC?I can highly recommend Francois as he is director of the Snowbizz/International Ski School,although you may need to pre book private lessons with the Snowbizz office if you want Francois specifically.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hedley, thanks, so you think the adult group lessons would be fine. the only thing i was thinking of with the private lessons is that i can do every other day and spend the other mornings with my husband as otherside we will have no time to ski together as kids are too old for creche so we will be with them inthe afternoons (which is fine by the way as the kids would hate being palmed off all day)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
charlichops, my wife skis with me in the morning and has a few lessons with Francois.She has a bit off a mental block with group lessons ,much to my puzzlement?This was due to a bad ESF experience in Val D a 18 years ago rolling eyes
Although I am holding back a lot whilst skiing with her we still enjoy it immensely and I can use the morning to find little detours off piste or through the trees without abandoning her,also Its a good time to concentrate on my technique but most of the time we tend to be looking for little glimpses of the kids on their ski lessons and admiring how well they are progressing.

Snowbizz lessons are not like that and if your hubby is a more adventurous skier he can ski before the lessons start as Snowbizz kids ski school is a family friendly 11.00-1.00pm although you can drop the kids of at the ski school hall any time after 10.00am, also late afternoon is the ideal time to nip off for the last hour or so as if your kids are young they will probably want to mess about in the snow/toboggan or have a rest by this time anyway.PSV is great for this as well as you can take it in turns to look after the youngest and it is so easy to swap /meet up as nowhere in the area is more than 35/40 mins from your apt.
Anyway by day three you should all be able to ski together a bit after lunchtime,you will be surprized how quickly the 4+ age group can progress Very Happy My only concern when booking our first ski holiday was that the kids first experience of skiing was a positive one and that we could ski together as a family a bit ASAP.

Snowbizz acheived this in spades.If the kids enjoy and progress well everyones a happy bunny wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hedley, i think i am the same with group lessons to be honest and i find i just don't progress. I might see if i can book lessons with francois maybe every other day. I 've also looked on the esf site and they do 6 hrs of private lessons for 192 euros which seems really good value.

I've chosen snowbizz for the same reasons as you, i really want the kids first experience to be positive and kowing my kids they would not be well suited to a big group, or be happy being put in childcare all day. I am presuming that it is likely we will get to know some othe families whilst there so whilst taking it in turns to ski in the afternoons it need not necessarily be on my own.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy