Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

All day ski school with lunch in france

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
1st post but I've been lurking for years (search is my friend)

We are looking for ski schools in France, that can take my 6 year old, all day for 5/6days including lunch.
It is easy to find in Switzerland but in France they only seem to offer morning or afternoon.

We would prefer PDS./Les2alp/la Clusaz/les3valleys areas.
'Her indoors' would like a lesson with Easiski
But the prime consideration is distance from Calais and a campsite

Any pointers would be welcome
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
chuffy, welcome to SnowHeads. DOn't you like spending time with your children on holiday then?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We go for 9 days and find that skiing together all day, every day does not suit us.
The best we have found so far was last week in Villars, we droped Lou off at ski school at 10.30 and picked her up at 3pm giving us time together every day,
but we still had a big enough slot in the middle of the day to ski the resort
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
chuffy, Not being entirely serious, but when mine were young, they hated all-day ski school. They did it for two years, and then we switched to mornings only.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
chuffy, Les Galopins in La Rosiere takes kids from 18 mths to 12 yrs old for all day or morning or afternoon or any combination, feeds them and looks after them until their parents collect them, associated with the ESF. We've had lots of guests use their service, far less expensive than Ski Espirit or Mark Warner.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:
when mine were young, they hated all-day ski school.

mine would have, too.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We used Magic in Motion in Meribel last year for our 6 year old, not cheap but impressed. They did 4 days 0900 to 1330 and the Tuesday/Thursday till 16:30. On the shorter days they just had a snack on the mountain and then we would meet up for lunch. Gave me and Mrs Fridge plenty time to explore and still have fun with the boys. Youngest went to the ESF Jardain des Enfents till 1400. The ESF in Meribel had some English nannies working there as well.

Edited as I forgot there is a camper van site at the mid point Gondela station between Meribel and Les Allues
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
chuffy, Oxygene ski school at La Plagne & Val d'Isere do all day ski school for children and for an additional sum they will give them lunch. The break for lunch is 2 hours making it a long stretch for the kids if they are not meeting up with you and a long day in total. We are taking our 2 girls in March and the eldest who has 2 weeks experience is having morning only ski school and skiing with us in the afternoon but we felt all day would be best for the 11 year old as it is her first time and she could lose confidence quickly if left to our non-expert ministrations on the slopes. We are going to meet up with her for lunch though, I wouldn't be surprised if she sometimes just wants to be carried off to the apartment for a catnap after a snack as skiing is so knackering for a novice. My eldest daughter went to all-day ski school on her first trip and she loved it but we did meet up for lunch every day.

I would imagine that a full morning and afternoon of true ski school might be just too demanding for a 6 year old so some of the options given by other posters that offer a combination of kindergarten and ski instruction might suit better.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hullite I can recommend Oxygene In La plagne, Lou has had lessons there for two weeks. and one week in Tignes the only problem is the two hour lunch.

I forgot to mention Lou has had 6 weeks of skiing
Now she is older she can ski all day, but likes to ski with other kids and mess about. I think she enjoys the freedom of ski school and not having us telling her to slow down and get down off the banks etc.
We also are in the very lucky position of having about 12 weeks of holiday a year Embarassed so 10 days ski school a year is like a holiday from a holiday.

Gilbert & David Thanks for the suggestions I will start my trawl of the net.

Helen & Pam If you treat your kids badly enough they will love ski school Laughing

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 17-01-08 17:47; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
chuffy,they're far too old for ski school now.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy