Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

digging out the old gear

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
it has been 5 years since i last skied and the equipment hasn't been out of the bags since. Mine and hubbies boots were new 5 years ago and hopefully will be fine, as were hubbies ski's. My ski's however were a very cheap pair bought in andorra and were fine for me pre-child when i was about 2 stone lighter than i am now. The thing i am worried about is that they are a beginner ski quite flexible and lightweight and i'm worried my increased weight will now be a problem with them, not worried about my ability being too great for them tho Laughing

obviusly we need to have our ski's serviced and checked over, but other than that can you see any issues with 5 yr old gear and have their been any major advances that would make our gear unsuitable.

we are planning on digging out our stuff at the weekend and doing a trip up to glenshee
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
charlichops wrote:
it has been 5 years since i last skied and the equipment hasn't been out of the bags since. Mine and hubbies boots were new 5 years ago and hopefully will be fine,

Check. Wear them.

Quote:
when i was about 2 stone lighter than i am now.

Probably OK unless it gets icy.

Quote:
obviusly we need to have our ski's serviced and checked over, but other than that can you see any issues with 5 yr old gear and have their been any major advances that would make our gear unsuitable.

Not for on-piste, no.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
try it out for a while on the intermediate runs before you go out and ravage the trails. just to be on the safe side.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
well it is all dug out, doesn't look as bad as i thought it would. Boots are salomon evolution 8's which were heat fitted and have green superfeet in them (which i forgot i had) tried them on and they are fine, hubby's are evolution 9's and he is struggling a bit with his being a bit too tight so i think we may need to invest in new ones for him at some point. Hubby's ski's are rossignol ones and are fine, mine are a pair of nordica trend 03's with tyrolia bindings, going uip to glenshee today to have a potter so hopefully everything will be okay.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
charlichops wrote:
and he is struggling a bit with his being a bit too tight so i think we may need to invest in new ones for him at some point.

give it a couple of days first.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy