Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Missed my trip

Poster: A snowHead
Was supposed to be skiing this week. Picked up something called viral labyrinthitis (Constantly very dizzy).
Spent last week laying on my back keeping my head still, and despite a valiant effort on Saturday (packed, showered, and tried to motivate myself to travel) had to apply common sense and cancel.

Lucky I booked a second trip last week else I'd be totally gutted. Twenty three years and over 50 trips and this is the first that I've missed.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Really, really sorry to hear that.

Hope you're feeling a bit better now.

At least you do have another trip to look forward to I guess.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cymru am Byth, What a bummer. Get well soon.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Unlucky, hope your second trip isn't as disastorous. Where you off for your second trip?

Get well soon.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cymru am Byth, Sounds a nasty bug, hope you're feeling better now - look at all the money you've saved, if you go when you feel well you can now afford to eat out each night in the 5 star restaurants rather than the 3 stars wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Cymru am Byth, That's ugly .. hope you're better soon..
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cymru am Byth, My boss at work had the same sort of thing and missed his 50th birthday trip to Barbados at New Year
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Never heard of that bug - sounds nasty. Not something you can just ignore either - being constantly dizzy pretty much rules out any kind of activity. get well soon!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cymru am Byth, were you prescribed stemetil/buccastem/prochlorperazine (which are all the same drugs under different names)? Did it help?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cymru am Byth, That's really horrible, get well soon
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cymru am Byth, sorry to hear that, might have to cancel my trip on Saturday too because of family illness, its not nice having to cancel a trip for any reason, but priorities is priorities!

Hope you feel better soon.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cymru am Byth, awful!! Enjoy the next trip, I think you'll be hitting the bars though, not the 5 star restaurants.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cymru am Byth,

Sorry to hear that. Sad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
That can be extremely unpleasant. I have had it twice, once really badly - I woke up with it one morning and scared both myself and hubby because i sat up and immediately keeled over sideways. As [b]hd[/hd] says stemetil is pretty good - made it tolerable, but I would not have wanted to face a long journey. THe other time it was a milder attack and stemetil controlled enough to carry on mostly normally after the first day.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Cymru am Byth,

Nobody likes to hear that, hope the next one goes well
latest report
Cymru am Byth, Unlucky mate. My sister suffers from it and for her it is quite debilitating. It also seems to be recurring
latest report
Cymru am Byth, tough luck.

Gwellhad buan!
ski holidays
Cymru am Byth, Hard luck sport, but the law of averages will balance it out so you're a model to have a ball on your second trip.
snow report
Cymru am Byth, Pob cydymdeimlad.
snow conditions
mrsfatcontroller, No a pennecillin based anti-biotic would suffice.
latest report
dazman, rolling eyes Laughing
snow report
Christopher, Andalo in the Dolomites. The first trip was supposed to be the more drunken of the two. My birthday tomorrow, so no drinking on the piste.

halfhand, Not what I wanted to here. I seem to have had this about 5 times, but all the other times it only lasted an hour or so.

Odd that I should have a couple of Welsh comments on here. This trip would have been with a bunch of West Wales farmers and I was looking forward to getting some much needed practice of the language.
snow report
sorry to hear you missed your trip and hope you get better soon. I've had that dizziness thing before too, lasted a couple of days but i didn't goto docs. Hope you are okay for your next trip and look forward to booking again when your insurance money comes throug
latest report
Cymru am Byth wrote:
Christopher, My birthday tomorrow, so no drinking on the piste.

Hope you have a nice birthday anyway. Often spend my birthday on the beach in August, but never in the snow. what a good excuse for going skiing somewhere in the southern hemisphere or on the glaciers if they were still open.
snow report
charlichops, Claim form just received. More complicated than needs to be as it's a group of 30 of us and I wasn't the organiser. Don't know what documentation they will accept.

Christopher, Going to spend all of my Thursdays evenings in Oxford. Last term my wife and I did separate courses there on a Thursday evening. This term only my wife is studying (I'm back on the OU) so we've arranged that we'll both go there but I'll be studying the local hostelries. Love Oxford, shame we can't afford to live there.
snow report
Cymru am Byth, Ahhh we don't live in Oxford itself. But some small village next to overexpanding commuter town called Witney(Toryt**t Cameroons constituency and flood plain) about 12 miles away from Oxford.

I do love oxford a lot, ive been rather fortunate to be brought up there. It has wonderful, parks, rivers, music venues, shops etc
snow report
Christopher, Provisioned in Witney (Waitrose), and wife belongs to a book group in Oxford that has a member (and therefore she visits) Witney.

Was just outside for a wedding recently, big manor of a place. Had too much champagne to my wife's disgust.
latest report
Cymru am Byth, I think my stepmother gets this - though she didn't get the viral version (which wears off) but has something called meniere's disease - which displays similar symtoms. It used to take 3 days to get over (dizzyness & vomiting) but now she takes a couple of pills & goes to bed for a couple of hours. Hope you feel better soon.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy