Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs Tips

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Am off to Les Arcs this weekend staying in Peisey village at Chalet Richermoz. Has anyone stayed here and got any advise? I gather nightlife is fairly quiet - are there any bars in Peisey village or is it better, and easy, to go to Plan Peisey?

Also what is the run back to Peisey village like? How difficult is it and is the snow ok to make it possible at the moment?

Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi

It is quite.

I stayed in nancroix last week, and poped down to gregs bar.
if you look here ...

http://www.peisey-vallandry.com/

Select Restaurants and bars and look for gregs bar, there are directions.
They have pool table, cocktails, great music and excellent restaurant upstairs. (I recommend the omelets and the duck).

Last Saturday the run was doable down the peisley under the lobster pots.. But not for beginners and you will need to unbolt and walk over a road. Depends on how much you pride in your skis/board getting scratched.

Tux
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you have transport, and want a bit of "life", then Plan Peisey is definitely livelier, with the Flying Squirrel popular (English Owned), Le Solan next to cable car (Christophe is owner) good for food & drink (you must book in evening).
L'Armoise near Le Solan, but below cable car , is best resto in village. La Vache, just opened by 2 English sisters is definitely worth a shout, but is higher up the hill, not far from Flying Squirrel.
In Vallandry, Jimmy's bar is very lively, as is Mont Blanc bar (English owned). If you want to eat there, there is a very good pizza place (Le Refuge) near to the Sherpa supermarket. It also does carry-outs. There is an excellent Traiteur (deli) just opened near to the Tourist Office between Plan Peisey & Vallandry, which also does delicious carry-outs. If you have no car, then taxis are available, but expensive.
In Peisey, as mentioned there is Greg's Bar in 3 Stations Hotel, plus Le Ski Bar also, has a regular clientele of locals & tourists, esp. Brits. The best resto in the valley is L'Incolie at Nancroix, only 5 mins up the hill from Peisey, but L'Ormelune is worth a mention for better than average food in Peisey
By the way, if you like cheese, you can't go wrong, everyone has cheese on the menu!
The snow is absolutely fantastic at the moment, the best for years. (See other thread on Snow Reports)
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Also what is the run back to Peisey village like?

Its an open red most of the way, and depending where your chalet is with a bit of courage you can ski back to it own the summer footpaths. Looks nice! We skied down under the Vanoise from Vallandry once and got stuck in a hedge halfway down, so best to stick under the lobster pots. Our host says 2-3' of snow in the village still snowHead

I should be doing it Saturday afternoon. Nightlife -we make our own, 2 quiet bars - it will be interesting to se if they are smoke free this year or whether local lore previals!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all. Cheese and snow a perfect combination! NehNeh
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Martin Nicholas, Smoke free everywhere and it was being adhered to. It was great Cool
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi there, i'm thinking of heading to Chalet Richermoz this year. Just wondering if anyone can tell me what it was like? Thanks!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy