Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

recommend your ski insurer....

Poster: A snowHead
I'm off for 10 nights to the states and need to know if I need extra cover for their Inbounds off piste...

Also thinking of a day cat skiing and know this is extra addition on most policies.

Anyone got any good leads for me.

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
willd, Have a look at www.dogtag.co.uk and www.fogginsure.co.uk
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm tempted to say search the forum, since this one has been flogged so often. However, FWIW, I use snowcard. If you use them be aware the insurance is very modular. Make sure you are covered for what you want.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
SCGB insurance seems pretty good value (you don't need to be a member). I don't have it, but I've used for my son who is doing some racing and need cover for that; it's a 'silly sports' type policy, and you can crank up the cover to cover progressively sillier and sillier sports.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Direct Travel....excellent policy which covers practically everything. Not sure about cat skiing but it certainly covers off piste.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
BMC....although I also have cover through the BOA thanks to Mrs Guvnor
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I believe that for all of these you need to be UK resident - which helps me not at all...

Any Swiss recommendations out there?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Willd, The BMC alpine & ski seems to cover pretty much anything you care to do on skis - including backcountry in the US (eg. your cat skiing), though you have to join the BMC to take the insurance. Dogtag basic ('sport') policy seems to imply that it covers backcountry only when with a qualified guide, so you may be fine with that. (see http://www.dogtag.co.uk/sports-cover-faq )
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
willd, Just used PJ Hyman, which covers inbound skiing - any place with in the resort boundary or similar wording in their policy .annual was around £102 per couple. May have additional charges tho for snow cat skiing you would have to check wink This is where NA wins as all the mountain is within the resort boundary and hence covered. Even if its the back side of the mountain, trees and unpisted Smile You wouldnt need a guide either Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Direct Travel..... £90 per couple and £10 off with Quidco and £10 off for being an existing couple (so £70 Annual). And that's for Worldwide as i hope to be off to Japan this summer.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've gone for Dogtag this year, not the cheapest, but the cover looks good and you get to wear a nice dogtag round your neck. Friend asked if it came with two tags, so one could be removed from your lifeless body and sent home to your next of kin (it doesn't).
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I had a very bad claims experience with Dogtag a couple of years ago. A small claim, but they kept changing their requirements for evidence (copy sent of police report ... sorry, need originals... etc) It took a month for them to process anything or or send a reply at each stage. I got the impression that they were simply trying to avoid paying; stringing me along, hoping I'd give up. Dogtag had a contracted out claims agent and did not reply when I made a complaint directly to the insurance company through its website.

I left and went with Direct Travel - cheaper and they cover most 'adventurous' activities, including off-piste and touring, as part of the basic cover. Haven't had to claim yet, but they do run their own claims service, rather than contracting it out.

I'm a BMC member, but its insurance is (justifiably) very expensive and probably a bit OTT for most people - do you really need cover for helicopter evacuation in the Himalayas?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SCGB. richmond describes it well.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Direct Travel - paid up twice for my travel delays without a problem. Comprehensive cover.

snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Snowcard
latest report
Another vote for Snowcard. They have a sensible approach to pre-existing medical conditions.

Direct Travel did have but when they changed underwriters a couple of years ago, I found their new system was hopeless. In my wife's case, they wanted to load her premium because she had undertaken a test for a condition even though the test had returned a negative; just having the test was counted as a pre-existing medical condition Puzzled rolling eyes
snow report
SCGB now they have sorted their admin out. Dogtag used to be who I used and in an e mail to me they confirmed that they did include lift-served backcounty skiing without a guide, and other backcountry skiing with a guide (I think...). Inbounds skiing (unless you duck ropes to go into closed inbounds areas) in the US should be covered by just about any policy, as if it is inbounds, and not closed, it is almost certainly not off-piste. One of the fundamental differences between US and Europe.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy