Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which resort - Meribel, La Plagne or La Tania

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Morning folks,

We're nearly about to book our week away on 2nd feb and currently have a choice of Meribel, La Plagne or La Tania... I've done Meribel and Val Thorens before so know the 3V's area quite well and La Tania is obviously is part of that... don't know much about La Plagne though... we're a group of mixed skiers.. some very good, some good, some still in the phases of learning.

Any advice on what to go for?

Cheers

Chris
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
trembler, Morning, La Tania is a great place Check it out at www.latania.co.uk but some say it's too far away from Meribel and Courchevel.
La Plagne is probably your better bet BUT it does depend on where you stay, use the forum search facility Put in La Plagne and then click 'Search all terms, which will get a better response.
Also have a look at http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/index_ENG.html

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 16-01-08 11:15; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If the Meribel accomodation is Les Allues, or Meribel Village stay in La tania (links are better IMO)..if Meribel centre check the map out to see where you would be staying..

http://www.merinet.com/gif/listings/meribel_maps/map_meribel.pdf

Other Meribel maps here

http://www.merinet.com/maps-and-timetables/meribel-areas-and-maps.htm

No idea about La Plagne..

Edited for the predictable Mirabel spelling mistake.........

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 16-01-08 19:48; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We stayed in Meribel village last time and two problems... the run back down to there was a little limited on snow so walking was involved... and we obviously had to get the bus into meribel centre... which wasn't that great... altho highly amusing on our last night as one of our group was so drunk he fell asleep on the bus and ended up at the Altiport with no way to get back apart from walking!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Go to La Tania, best place for the 3v's. Lovely blue into the village at the end of the day, you don't get ripped off in the pub ski lodge,it's much cheaper than meribel and is rocking at the end of the day. You can always get the bus to Courchavel or Meribel ( i think the meribel bus is running). Oh and alot of the accommodation is ski in ski out.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
trembler, planning on TTV this year but no prior experience of it so can't comment.

Have done La Plagne twice though and can thoroughly recommend it for a mixed ability group. We went as a group of five, three total novices and two boarders with several weeks under their belts.

If you do go stay in the higher altitude resorts, as there's less need for getting lifts straight out of the accomodation. Belle Plagne and Plagne Villages/Soleil are ski in/ski out whereas Plagne 1800 you need to get a lift straight away to get up high.

Brilliant resort though and so many runs to try. Once the novices have some confidence then they'll have a great time with the variety of good blues available. Make it over to Champagny too, as it's awesome there and has some woodland for if the weather comes in bad. The runs down from Aime le Plagne are good too.

La Plagne Review links below:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=34846

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=698226
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
trembler,

If going to Meribel the best place to stay (in my opinion - others will disagree) is Mottaret - that assumes you are there for the skiing and not for the predictable nightlife in places like Dick's Tea Bar in meribel Centre.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well... La Tania it is... all booked up... the rest of the group are heading out of the UK on the 2nd Feb... I'm actually going from Switzerland (Murren - my boss lives there and I seem to have ended up on a 4 day meeting/ski trip over there - oops wink ) so I'll be heading down to Geneva airport on the train and then getting a transfer up on the 3rd...

Which leads me to my next question... anyone know the best way to organise this transfer from Geneva up to La Tania... currently I've looked on www.a-t-s.net and I can get on a group transfer for £60.84 at 3.30pm... any one know any other sites to check on?

Cheers

Chris
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy