Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morzine - Skibus or car

Poster: A snowHead
Going to Morzine for the first time next week and wondered, are you better off using your car to get to the various lifts around Morzine or is the skibus easy to use / reliable/ or a scrum??
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
gastronomicfur, welcome to snowHead 's. This kind of depends how many of you are going. We always hire a car because 1) it usually ends up a LOT cheaper than getting a transfer from the airport and 2) you then have the car for the rest of the week so you can get out and about and avoid some of the queues. I may be wrong but I think that if you have a car from Morzine you can skip some of the queues to Avoriaz. The buses are plenty but depends on your preference really.

Someone from Morzine will probably be along shortly to let you know...

Hope you have a great time in Morzine!

Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sounds great - can I come with you?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have you been on holidays in the past where your roommates have refused to go the next time?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Almost identical twins!!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
gastronomicfur, we went to Morzine Last year and just used the Ski bus a few times to get to/from les Prodains in order to get to/from the cable car for Avoriaz. The rest of the time we skied and used lifts etc to all the other places. The ski bus was fine if you timed it correctly, but we did have to wait about 15 minutes one evening at Les Prodains and then two buses came along at once - Typical! It was never too crowded tho, and we always got a seat. That way we could all have a drink or too as well!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm off to Morzine next Thursday for the week so am interested in this thread too. The chalet we are staying at has said that they will take us to a lift (our nearest is Super Morzine) and collect if we want though it's only 800m away and we are allowed to leave our skis/boots on driers at the ski shop next to the lift. Is the Super Morzine a good one to get around and into the system on? There is one called the Ardent but seems to be in Montriond.

We haven't decided whether to hire a car or use a transfer yet though. Realistically, if your flight was 16.50pm coming back from Geneva and you wanted to ski on your last morning, how late would you leave it to drive back? Am happy to change in the car.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Beverley, give it a try and see how you like it. Personally I find the Super Morzine-Avoriaz link rather flat and boring with plenty of schussing.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Beverley, depends on how brave you are but at least GVA car hire doesn't involve any shuttle buses or the like so .... I would say allow 1.5 hours for the journey, half an hour to get petrol and dump the car and then as much time as you like to be in the airport before a flight. So for me, I'd be aiming to finish skiing about 1pm be on the road by 1.30pm.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Beverley, nessy, yes plenty of Shussing on the boring flats. I found it the quickest way to get to the Avoriaz slopes and beyond tho, and preferred it to the faffing of the les prodains queue -elevator-queue scenario. rolling eyes Didn't try going from Morzine to the Ardent one, so I don't know how long it takes to get to it. I did go up the Ardent lift after skiiing down to the bottom of it, and it seemd a good position when you got to the top. Will have to look at my piste map again to refresh my memory tho.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
sheepmadang, I quite agree about the cable car (a nightmare at New Year one year when Avoriaz was the only place with snow). What about getting the chair from Les Prodains?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
nessy, Yes, I did get that chair, but I can't remember where it went to at the top. Was that a wee rickety one or am #i thinking of somewhere else? Actually, the whole time I was there, I never knew where I was cos I coudn't read the piste map to save my life. Embarassed
snow report
 brian
brian
nessy, sheepmadang, think they've put a new chair in this season to replace that old rickety one.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sheepmadang, from central-ish Morzine there's little/no point going to Ardent - best to use Super Morzine. Ardent is best though if you are right out in the sticks somewhere, or Les Gets, Montriond or SJA, and go by minibus/car and need to park up.
Super Morzine may be flat, but it's just a couple of runs/chairs at the start/end of the day.

PS did they ever get the lift from the carpark up to Super Morzine running? Never seen it in operation, and the steps up are lethal when snowy/icy.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
andy, had a look at my piste map again (well actually , I asked hubby to read the piste map and explain/remind me where everything was), and you're right, Ardent is miles away from Morzine by road. I think my preferred route remains the Super Morzine lift.

I never used the car park - didn't take a car - so I don't know about the lift, sorry.

nessy, I remember now that when we took the chair from Les Prodains, we got onto a nice black run, or we could take another chair to the top of the mountain. I will definitely give it another go if it has been replaced, brian,.
latest report
andy wrote:

PS did they ever get the lift from the carpark up to Super Morzine running? Never seen it in operation, and the steps up are lethal when snowy/icy.

seemed to be in existence but not running when I was there a couple of weeks ago (I assume you mean the thing that looks like a little bucket on wheels running directly upwards about 50m from the lowever level), which is on your left as you de-bubble...
ski holidays
gastronomicfur, , I was worried that I might be a bit biased as I don't like driving anyewhere. So I asked tghe others in my party what they thought sbout car v bus. They all agree that jumping on a bus or walking to the nearest lift is much less hassle than packing-driving-parking-unpacking a car.

The one most important factor for everyone was bing able to have a few beers as soon as we had finished skiing before heading back to the hotel. wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy