Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier itinerary runs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I'm off to the 4 valleys at the end of Feb, but staying over the far side in Les Masses. How dificult is it to get over to Verbier? and which of the itinerary runs are possible for an intermediate like me?

For your info, I've spent about 40 days snowboarding (used to be a skier - but like to keep that quite Very Happy ) can turn down most blacks if the snow's ok.

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dodge, looks bit of a day trip really, not sure how you get to Verbier on the snow, but I think you can board back. I am similar in experience to you and boarded down from Chassoure to Tortin in the Verbier ski pass area along an itinerary under the Tortin gondola that is basically a huge wide very big mogul 'tough' black, after that it is a flat track or a bit of rolling shallow 'off piste type' boarding that you have to read quite carefully to keep your momentum. Maybe a two hour plus ride for you to get back from Verbier
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dodge, welcome to snowHead

It's a long haul on a board but there is some good stuff on the Thyon side of the hill too. The itinerary from the top of Grippon Blanc can be really good but get the bus times back first.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks rayscoops/parlor

I'm sure I will spend most of my time over at Thyon, but its good to know whats possible and whats not.

I'll have a car when I'm over there- so a drive around may be an option - looks a long way though
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
parlor, Where can you get the bus times?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I skied in Verbier last year. My view is that you can't really ski Verbier from Thyon or vice versa. If you try leave lots of time and don't make the rookie error of getting stuck in the wrong valley at closing time like I did Embarassed . Short skiing distances are long driving distances and taxis are expensive. Nendaz to Verbier is 1.5-2hr/chf200+ cab ride...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
BTW I did that Greppon Blance run and happen to have a photo which shows the timetable posted on teh sign at the bottom (from last year - not sure how reliable that is now). It shows the bus goes on the hr from 11:30 with the last bus at 3:30.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sbentley, Thanks a lot. Any comments on the run?
latest report
 monster77
monster77
The 4 valleys run in the Verbier sector is in the region of 80Kms round trip, It does not leave much time to hang around. If you have a vehicle, drive to Sivez then take the chair lift to the Tortin bubbles or Gentines cable car to the mont fort glacier. Once up those you will have all of verbier to play in.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Greppon Blanc run I thought was great. Starts in alpine territory at about 2700m and finishes skiing through a small faming village at about 1500m. Mostly big wide open moderate angle bowls - there's not much very steep terrain. There's, from memory a bit of skiing down a flatish road at the end but I did it with a snowboarder and I don't recall it was a particular problem.

I've only done it once but given the amount of terrain there I'd be surprised if you couldn't get fresh tracks pretty much every day with a bit of traversing. The downside is the bus ride home takes quite a while and I can't recall exactly where it dropped us but there were a lot of super slow lifts so makes for a long round trip.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy