Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

fernie

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi everyone,

im off to fernie on the 20th of feb and am getting slightly worried from a few things that i have read about rain. i keep seeing comments that fernie has good early conditions and then tend to get a fair bit of rain in feb, is this true?

cheers
stephen
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ssshhhhhhhhh all lies.

I've been told jan and feb are the biggest powder months in fernie. No chance of rain at the moment, it was -26deg this morning! Fernie is quite low so occasionally it can warm up and rain a bit at resort level, however it is often snowing ooop top. Since the hill opened here it has only rained a couple of times.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sabraham, was out with PhotoTim for 10 days over New Year and on only 2 or 3 days we didn't have new snow. It warmed up for a couple of days and rained once in town but this translated to 17cm of fresh on the hill. Don't worry about it... Cool
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sabraham,

Cant speak for this year so far, but last year fernie ROCKED in feb. was there for the season, and at some point in feb, cant remember ecxactly when we had about 6 big pow days in row, which was awesome, if tiring... March was a different matter and it did rain a bit, but there was still great riding and skiing to be had. as Sharkymark says it nearly always snows at the top of the white pass even if it's rain in town. After that though, one of the biggest powder days of the entire season was on April 2nd - don't worry about it is exactly right.

If it does happen to rain, go up anyway, stay on the slopes till you can stand no more, then head into the Griz bar and tuck in - it's all good.

Rob
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fernie is amazin!
even if it does rain there is always still lots of snow as i went last year and it rained just befoe we went, took a good few cm away but still great!
we went mid march,
in mornin bullet proof and in afternoon like porridge..
but stilll great skking- probably thw warmest skiing holiday ihave ever been on,
people skiing about in a jumper!
i felt i improved alot there not reallly any cruisy slopes!

i still loved it!Very Happy
would like to go back!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy