Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zermatt ski schools/instructors

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Heading out there at the end of March. Does anyone have any experience/recommendations for ski schools or instructors here.
I want to do a half day or full day performance/technique lesson small group or private.
Thanks in advance.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
minx, I'm there next week and have lessons booked with Summit Ski School who come pretty well recommended.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Colin B, thanks, please will you let me know what you thought when you get back?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
minx, Hi I had private lessons with a guy called Thomas Biner at the swiss school, he was really good. I also had lessons with a swiss guy from Stoked whose name I can't remember who wasn't good at all. But someone else in our group had private lessons too with Stoked and she had an english guy called John who was really good. This was 3 and 4 years ago though. I guess people move on, although I would bet Thomas Biner is still there as he is a local.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I used a Swiss Ski School guy called Herbi Luthi for a couple of hours private a couple of years ago and he was great www.allalpinesports.com.

I too did not have a good experience with Stoked - although they did give me my money back when I cancelled the rest of the lessons as the teacher was not up to it.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
minx, Colin B,

Summit Ski School is run by an old friend of mine, so I'd highly recommend them:

Summit Ski & Snowboard School
Tel: +41 79 616 7153
Web: www.summitskischool.com

If you see Paul, tell him "hello" from Patch Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
minx, Half way through my Level 5 course with Summit and so far I'm very impressed. There are only 3 of us in the group (as of Sunday it was only me booked in which case I'd have got 9 hours of 1:1 tuition) and the tuition is good with a lot of flexibilty built in to cover what we want. Today it was obviously powder skiing Very Happy on and slightly off piste and bumps and itineraries are also on the agenda. Young guy called Jack H taking us, about 5 years teaching experience in Andorra, Italy, New Zealand and now in Zermatt for his first season.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Colin B thanks for that - ignore the request on the other thread! Looks like Summit it is for March for me then. Enjoy the rest of your time there.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
minx, Finished my course yesterday and was dead impressed. In a 3 hour session yesterday Jack got me from being a complete numpty on moguls to a reasonable level of competence. I'm sure you wont be disappointed.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Colin B thankyou. will get it booked. It's good to have a recommendation from this season. If they can get me from being a numpty on moguls to even slightly in control I'll be well impressed too Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
minx, a mate of mine works for summit ask for J-P, John Paul Mccarthy, a very good enthusiastic instructor
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skimottaret thanks, will do.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
minx, second vote for JP, know him personally too, he's thoughtful about his clients' skiing and their needs, enthusiastic about his teaching, knows the hill, and is a top bloke and fine skier
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skimottaret, slikedges, Colin B,
Lesson booked with JP. Thanks for the recommendation.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
minx, tell him he owes me a beer wink and so he knows who skimottaret is i am the guy from Izzy's group grade 3 group that he got into MK...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy