Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiweb Ski Carriers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone used one of those skiweb ski carrier, be it the hand carry or shoulder one?

If so is it any good and worth the money? It looks like they could save a lot of flaff on a forthcoming trip.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have one and its ok but not fantastic. It fastens around the pair of skis each side of the bindings and then it has a tendency for the upper strap to slip upwards as you sling your skis over your shoulder and pull quite tight making it uncomfortable, however I'd say it was better than nothing. It would be better if it was joined together so the fixings didnt slide apart but then it might not fold away as neatly as its designed to do.

I think its one of those little bits of kit that you buy and try, then try another type and so on until you have a collection of them. A bit like diving gear.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just sling em on your shoulder Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bones wrote:
Just sling em on your shoulder Very Happy
yep thats me sorted, now I can watch the trail of destruction from the rest of the family behind.... rolling eyes
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was given one for Christmas, and I found it made a big difference when I was carrying my skis around the resort during the week just gone.

Definitely worth while IMO.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have one and have to say for when we're staying a walk away from lifts, H is very glad I have it as it stops me whinging!

I like mine, and it seems to make even a 10/15 minute walk to the lifts much more bearable. In fact, in Schladming last year, I stored my trainers at the lift depot each day, so walked to the lifts with something of a spring in my step, boots over one shoulder, skis in skiweb over the other.

I can carry them on my shoulder, but have to keep swapping as the blood runs out of my hands and I get pins & needles!

Happy birthday alex_heney, by the way!

D
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ok - about to get flamed for this... but.... Learn to carry your skis properly, tips forwards, toe binding behind shoulder, arm on same side resting on tips, with tips down about 45 degrees to stop collateral damage. With modern fat skis this gives a wide area resting on the shoulder.

I am no athlete, but can carry 2 pairs like this, with poles for long distances. It is balance and technique. Only seens to be the Brits who try and invent gadgets to answer a non-existent problem.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stoatsbrother, Brits and Texans wink
If you're carrying a pack, the skis rest nicely on the shoulder straps and carrying (the proper way as you describe) is very comfortable
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hilarious. A 'how to carry your skis' thread. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Anyone need their bottom wiping while we're at it?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lizzard, do you use the ESF or the PSIA approved technique? - obviously I am not an instructor so unqualified to discuss... Toofy Grin
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Lizzard, this is a serious matter - it may save you from getting clattered over the head by someone toting a skiweb carrier wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stoatsbrother wrote:
.... Only seens to be the Brits who try and invent gadgets to answer a non-existent problem.

Exactly. Can make the Dragon's Den hilarious at times, though.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Arno, I can't see how a skiweb would get anywhere near anyone's head, as the skis are carried almost vertically in line with the carrier's back/upper arm.

stoatsbrother, I do know how to carry them 'properly' and have tried, and can do it if I have to, but just find it much more comfortable to use my web, but each to their own!

D
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I bought a sling thing and used a couple of times when i had a long walk to the lift but then forgot I had it really, haven't used it since.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy