Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Obertauern snow report

Poster: A snowHead
Just a quick report for anyone heading out in the near future snowHead

Arrived Saturday to sleet/light snow falling in the resort. Which got progressively heavier throgh the evening/night. Woke up this morning to a good dollop of fresh snow Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very poor visibility though but we still managed to get a good few hours in.

Pistes are in very good condtion and the ski area, what we could see of it(!), seemed very nice. There's stacks of snow here Toofy Grin Toofy Grin More snow due I think on Thursday but then it looks like temps could be on the way up for the weekend.

We're staying at the Hotel Schneider, vey nice and comfortable hotel right next to the Gamsleiten lift & would thoroughly recomend. Although my stomach's groaning a bit under the weight of the 6 course meal just devoured Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley

I'll try to give an update later on in the week snowHead snowHead

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 17-01-08 9:17; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
cathy, hope you have a wonderful time - sounds like you are already! - I'll expect a full trip report wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Am off to Obertauern at the end of next week so full and detailed snow and other reports please !

Have a good time.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you!

Today was much better weather-wise - lots of sunny sky but also quite low cloud making the trips to the pistes at the top of the mountains interesting Toofy Grin . Also quite windy in places with some high pistes quite wind-swept. But overall good visibility and lovely to see the ski area as a whole. It's a really pretty area, a lot less barren and desolate than i had imagined Very Happy The pistes seem to be very well-maintained - I was out for the first lifts having a lesson this morning and they were all immaculately groomed. And lacking in people that time of the morning which was great! Toofy Grin

My legs had a tough time of it today though - finished mid-afternoon and sank into the most fantastic whirlpool in the hotel, followed by a swim in the pool. Not brave enough for the sauna though Shocked Shocked Once again, can only say how good the hotel is - great recommendation there from Ray Zorro Very Happy Very Happy

I'll try to post a few pics although the internet connection is really annoying - see how it goes

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sat 19-01-08 22:36; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This photo just won't load up to the snowMedia zone so I'll see if it does it this way
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just seen this thread Embarassed

Lovely pics cathy Going green Going green Going green

Glad to hear you're having a good week snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fantastic pic.s.

I`d also assumed Obertauern was rather bleak and windswept.

The snow looks superb.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cathy, I'm out to Obertauern at half term. If you notice how close the Kohlmayr Hotel is to a lift I'd be most grateful.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
twoodwar,
It's about a 3 minute walk from the Zentral lift which takes you nicely into the ski circuit and on to several other lifts Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Weather yesterday was sunny but with some low cloud, so the lower runs were lovely but the upper ones had zero visibility. But you're soon out of the clouds and into the sunny weather. Today was cloudy and pretty windy but the clouds were high so vis was good. Some pistes are getting a bit windswept but they really do a fab job of the bashing each night - worthwhile getting up and out for the first lifts Little Angel Little Angel
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
And another piccy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yippeeeee! Woke up this morning and its snowing!! snowHead snowHead Just off out now Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
cathy, hope you have a great day - loving your pictures, please keep them coming snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cathy, Many thanks for taking the time and trouble. In 2 weeks some of us will ski Zauchenzee, just over the valley, and it is great to see the snow.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Certainly stacks of snow here, its piled up in the village centre by the side of roads snowHead

This is a picture from yesterday when you could actually see the top lifts. This is the rollercoaster at the top of the Seekareckbahn
snow report
Weather today? Snowing continuously, I guess about 15-20 cms must have fallen? snowHead snowHead snowHead Visibility was OK on the lower slopes, we only went up to a few of the higher slopes where it was pretty poor vis & very flat light. But I'm not complaining - I love skiing when its snowing! Toofy Grin

Just to prove it was snowing here's an action shot of me Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Last day tomorrow Sad

FtS - I'm sure you'll have great snow there! snowHead
ski holidays
Up in Obertauern today. Was quite excited as we went up the lift from the village, but clearly the wind had got to much of the fresh snow. Did find some nice pockets here and there, especially as the sun came out, but then that started warming the snow up. A good day, but I fear the last for a while in reasonable temps as the forecast is saying very mild to come. Def need the good vis to get best out of Obertauern, but a great little area.
snow conditions
Had a great last day on Friday. The OH was very chuffed having found the timed speed piste (by the side of 16a from the Zentralbahn) and clocked a speed of 83 kph - needless to say I didn't try it Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Friday was a mix of sun, a couple of snow flurries and cloud. The snow was still in good condition, although having woken up last night to the dripping of melting snow on our hotel balcony, I'm guessing today was very much warmer out there with the snow consistency changing especially on the lower slopes. The snow round our hotel had changed to slush and ice this morning.

Back home now Sad Sad I will do a trip report at some stage as we both loved Obertauern and the hotel so much Very Happy Very Happy I think we may well be back there next year - and the OH wants to improve on his speed time rolling eyes rolling eyes
latest report
cathy, thank you for the updates, hope it's just as good next month. I'll look forward to your trip report!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy