Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

lift passes les deux alpes

Poster: A snowHead
Hi everybody, this is my first post. I've found this site really useful for researching our trip this year and we're going to les deux alpes on Sat, I'm so excited. We got a really cheap late deal so I'd like to continue being frugal and get our passes for the cheapest possible. Is it cheaper to book in advance online? I googled it and found a couple of places where we could pre order them or are we just as well getting them in the resort? I assume we shouldn't get them from the tour reps? It looks like you have to buy the full area pass if you want a six day pass and am I right in thinking that this also gets you a day in alpe d'huez (sorry about spelling)? Thanks for any advice/

Can't wait.....
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snowshoe
I am going to ADH in a couple of weeks and have found out from fellow snowheads that there is a helicopter trip to L2A 3 times a week. How cool is that and only 63 euro return, I think it is a bargain and an experienced not to be missed at the price. I presume the same trip goes from L2A To ADH.

I also can't wait
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think you're just as good going to the main lift office under the Jandri Express when you get there - don't suppose the reps will be able to offer a discount, but they might. I think discounted lift passes are quite hard to come by. You are right, on a six day pass you get a free day in each of Alpe d'Huez, Serre Chevalier, Puy St Vincent and the Milky Way (Sauze d'Oulx Sestriere, etc). Not bad, really! There is a shuttle bus twice a week (check at the VFD office opposite La Spaghetteria for bookings and days they run). It goes about 8.15 or something, and leaves d'Huez at 5.30. giving you a full day there. Cheaper than the heli-transfer at €60 but probably less fun (haven't done it, btw).
That said, there's loads of decent skiing in 2 Alpes, and you wouldn't get bored if you skied there and there alone for a fortnight.

Mind you, if I lived where you did, I would be spending all this week cursing my luck that I wasn't going to Glenshee, Cairngorm, Glencoe, Nevis or the Lecht, and was instead festering in airports and on transfer buses. wink

Welcome to Snowheads!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for that info Paulmck, we're arriving fairly early so will just leave passes to sort out when we get in. Have to admit have never skiied in scotland have heard too many reports of long ques, lumps of heather and skiing through mud!! Maybe we'll give it a go this year when we get back and withrdrawal symptoms set in wink

Kel; I read about the heli trip too. Sounds like a lot of fun but not sure if my stingey boyfriend will agree to it
rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hey sorry to butt in. Just wondering is it possible to pre book the helicopter from ADH to LDA? or do you have contact for it, sounds like an experience not to be missed!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Slideshowbob

I don't know but the phone No of the Altiport is on the ADH website and the Altiport is actually in ADH. I noticed your post regarding location of your hotel earlier and you are in ADH same time as me.

To my knowledge they only operate on Tues -Fri.

It has to be worth 63euro just for the photo of you getting into the chopper with all your gear on.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowshoe, AFAIK the prices seem to be same whereveryou get them? You do need photos though, might be handy to get them done before you go, there were a few people waiting to use the photo booth when we were there. Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

I assume we shouldn't get them from the tour reps?

Why, particularly? They're the same price as buying from the lift office, but without the walking and the queues.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lizzard, the blighters conveniently accept/ask for UK credit/debit cards for payment and do strange thinks with exchange rates Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
You can get approx 5% discount if you book with an authorised agent (ie Charlotte aka easiski) - you may need to book lessons also to qualify but I'd PM her to enquire if interested.

I did the helicopter to ADH last Jan - fantastic!!!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rayscoops wrote:
Lizzard, the blighters conveniently accept/ask for UK credit/debit cards for payment and do strange thinks with exchange rates Very Happy

Not only the exchange rate, but add 3% as well for admin (think that must be tour rep code word for 'beer tokens' Razz Razz )
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowshoe, We ordered ours online (LDA website) and collected them from the Lift Pass/Croisiere Blanche Office next to the Jandri Express.....no queues Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kel, snowshoe, I did the heli ride from LDA to ADH last March and it was FANTASTIC. Money well spent Razz
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lizzard wrote:
Quote:

I assume we shouldn't get them from the tour reps?

Why, particularly? They're the same price as buying from the lift office, but without the walking and the queues.

And without them beeing there on the day you want to go skiing.. howabout delivered to chalet @ 10:30 on Sunday morning when we were in resort by 12 noon saturday.

It's my golden rule - NEVER EVER rely on ANYONE else to get YOUR pass...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

You do need photos though

You don't need photos for 6 day lift passes in LDA this year
latest report
blizt, Ah they have changed it then.
snow report
Yep definately do the helicopter, I was in ADH last year and took it over to LDA for the day, about £40 and your lift pass covers you. This year I'm doing it the other way around and will be heading over to ADH for sure!!
ski holidays
Just bought my lift pass from the L2A website and there's an option to have it sent to your house, so no need to queue for it at all...

Just go to - http://www.les2alpes.com/en/hiver/ski-and-snowboard/skipass-rates.html and click on the link 'to buy your first skipass'.

It's the same price as in resort, 172Euros plus a 2Euro charge for the reloadable pass.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy