Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

One Night in Zermatt

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm arriving in Zermatt one day before my 7 day hotel reservation starts in March. How difficult will it be to find a room for one night? I'm assuming that once I get close to the date, the tourist office will be able to find me a room. Or can I just show up and pick up one of the hotel phones at the train station? Any advice, experience, insight would be appreciated. I've spent single nights in Zermatt many times on ski touring trips, but someone else always booked the room.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
go onto their website and book a room from there here is a link:

http://www.zermatt.ch/e/accommodation/

I dont know how easy its gonna be but trawl around the various options- Hotel, Apartment and Private room. The lazy way would be to drop the tourist office a line (contact details also on the site) and let them find it for you but do it sooner rather than later- I mean you've gone to the bother of posting here about it, you know your date so there is no reason not to. Leaving it till later greatly reduces your chances of finding something suitable. If Tasch or Randa are the only things available dont worry too much as its not that long in the train to Zermatt and its only for one night. Brig would be a pain in the ass
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've contacted the tourist office and they say that nothing is open for that date right now. My guess is that once the hotel figures out that they don't have the room booked for the week, they'll make the room available for one night, but they will no doubt wait until the last minute to do so. Tasch or Randa would be fine options.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
choucas, try the Hotel Alpenstern www.alpenstern.ch we stayed there a few years ago for an 'odd' duration so they may be more accommodating than most hotels which have fairly strict 7 night sat-sat policies. They are friendly, it is a small hotel but perfectly clean and acceptable with a good breakfast. They have apartments too which are good. It is well placed about halfway between the station and Sunnega. All the best with it, it's not easy finding 'odd' nights accommodation in my experience!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was in exactly the same position at the end of this month and was able to book a friday night only in the hotel Rhodania.

http://www.zermatt.ch/e/hotels/list/rhodania.html

No idea what it's like, but it isn't too dear and is attached to quite a well known bar (north wall bar) so can't be all bad.

There are a couple of dormitory style hostels in Zermat which aren't too bad if it really is just a bed for the night you're after.

d
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
choucas,
Good bet is the hotel bahnhof which is (guess what) right by the station, with variety of rooms & dortoir accommodation. Likely to be full of smelly tourers having just completed the Haute Route.... Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
One night in Zermatt.............and the world's your oyster Toofy Grin

Isn't that how the song goes?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Or Bangkok. Thanks for all the info. It's back to the Bahnhof for me. I stayed there 26 years ago after finishing my first Haute Route. It will be a trip down memory lane. Ah, the sights and smells....mostly the smells. At least this time I'll have private facilites.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy