Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to stow baggage in Les Arcs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
how do.
Have just booked myself and t'other half onto snow train to Bourg in March (whoop) So arriving early doors Saturday, leaving late evening following Saturday. The place I want to stay (Residences 1600 - well, I want to stay in a 5* hotel of course but this is all I can afford) Has somehting like a 4pm check in and a 10am check out on those Saturdays. And it's a Sat - Sat week booking so no chance of just paying for the night before and after, which I would happily do to relieve myself of the hassle.
So - question is - where in Bourg or in 1600 (p[referably the latter) can I dump my luggage securely so I can hit the slopes on those days, rather than mooching around disconsolately for 2 days of my holiday? I heard a viscious rumour of luggage lockers at BSM station but apparently they've been taken away for security? Will have a couple of fairly large suitcases so don't reckon ski rental shop would be too happy to stash it - plus I bet everyone asks them so they prob have some sort of 'just say no' policy... any ideas?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
alternatively - anyone know of a good place to stay in Les Arcs for a couple? and a friend might be joining so double bed studio with sofa bed ideal, that would let me check in early Saturday and check out late following saturday? and - budget - looking at under EUR500 for the week. Or anyone got apartment in Bourg or 1600 where I can stow stuff for those days and of course pay for the priveledge? Literally just got my train confirmation, am very excited and the only way to while away the next 8 weeks befoire I go is plan meticulously everything I can think of, read forums all day and basically do no work.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sallywt, Welcome to snowHeads. I am off the Les Arcs in about 3 hours time for a day trip. The deal seems to be that Polaire Star rental store at the funicular stores baggage for 3euros a piece. There are no left luggage lockers in any railway stations. I haven't found anyhere in 1600

I'll post on Sunday and let you know the deal.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi sallywt, A lot of apartments have luggage rooms where you can put stuff before your room is ready - why not ring Residences 1600 and check?

Quote:

am very excited and the only way to while away the next 8 weeks befoire I go is plan meticulously everything I can think of, read forums all day and basically do no work

I like your style!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hey holidayloverxx - have an awesome time, am v jealous. that sounds like a good lead - is that the one at the bottom on the funiculaire in bourg?anyway - look forward to hearing from you.
and ta, trenmold - I am a lazy git and shouldn't be allowed to book anything other than last minute holidays due to OCD that develops due to booking too far in advance and planning. plus the damage to my bank acocunt from buying unecessary snow clothes and accessories on ebay over a period of 2 months. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sallywt, yes, polaire star is at the bottom of the funicular and they do offer luggage storage. There are several snowheads with apartments in Les Arcs, nit sure about arc 1600 specifically though. I can recommend Rob @ Rar's place in arc 1800, very comfy indeed Wink You might want to have a skim through this thread to see if you can find anything

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=33846

oh and welcome to snowheads since no-one else seems to have said anything Smile
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Did this a few years ago. Just chucked the bags in the 'communal room' in the basement of the aparment building (in 1800) as most apartment blocks seemed to be able to cope. Took cash, cc's and passports with us and made sure the bags were locked to avoid casual snooping, but other than that there was no other security - didn't have any issues.. and I'd still hope you'd be fine doing the same...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hey - nice one, I know that place - run by brits, non? I used to leave my skis there overnight when I stayed in Bourg - was very lazy and didn't want to carry them back throuh the town. didn't know they would take luggage too - that's a relief. would love to stay in a nice comfy snow head's appt at any elevation, but when i say budget I mean budget - looking at a max of EUR500 (ideally EUR400) for the 7 nights... and I'm there from 15th March so it's kind of a popular week too I'm guessing...(but I'm hoping fairly quiet at the beginning of the week before Easter itself)

If anyone has any good recommendations other than Les Residences appts for my budget... I was going to stay at chillchalet which I love but although it's mega reasonable it's still more than I can afford. Sad will be me and the bloke plus my friend will hopefully come down for a couple of days though that's not a given will miss an internet connection though. will have to just download entire series of prison break on to the pooter to give me something to stare moronically at in the late evenings when I can't muster the energy to move. Smile

Cheers for the welcome nbt!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
sallywt, Ok, I'm back - will do a trip report later.

Polaire Star (yes, the ones run by brits) is at the bottom of the funicular. opening hours are 8:30 - 18:30 on a saturday. 3 euros per bag. they have a spare room next to the shop.

Les 3 Arcs pub at 1600 (turn right out of the funicular and it's the first bar/restaurant you come to) advertise a "bagagerie" on their menu. open 7:30 - 21:00, so this is more convenient if you are, say, renting at 16:00 or don't wan to go back down to BSM (although that's not a big deal).

I woudl check with your residence as others have said.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
holidayloverxx, how was the day trip?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
holidayloverxx, thanks so much - look forward to your trip report...
Spent a few drunken nights in that bar, and inexplicably lost a pair of shoes there last year (found them next morning behind a radiator I seem to recall) but yes - that's most convenient as I'm renting from the shop next door to there and will prob be sleeping above it somewhere. (will book on Tues if nothing better magically appears) Just a bit wary about leaving it unattended in a basement - would be devastating if someone took off with my old socks and holey fleeces which I'm sure anyone would find irresistable.
Thanks SO much again for checking it out. I would have thought a bagagerie was a sort of baguette sandwich, so kudos.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rob@rar, justg about to write up the report now (just had a little sleepette!) it was fab Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
When we had a silly check in we just chatted to the reception staff and then left our bags under the pool table while we skied and collected them and checked in later

Use the boot lockers at the base of some lifts if you have valuables you want locked up, or just trust the staff will be honest
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy