Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wengen in Late March ? Advise needed please

Poster: A snowHead
Fancying Wengen but can only travel late March. Has anyone any experience of conditions at this time of year.

Also how expensive are light lunches on the slopes ?

Many thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lunches on the slopes... Lowest I know is CHF 4.50 for soup with some bread at the Arvenbar to complete meals elsewhere for CHF 30+

Most (like 85%) of the skidomain is over 1800 meters, so there should be enough snow left...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We go to Wengen every year in late March. It's a brilliant time to be there. This issue this year is that Easter is very early, so the normally deserted ski-area will be a bit busier than usual.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wengen is brilliant in late March - you can always make a picnic and enjoy the breathtaking scenery.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We normally go in the first half of March and the conditions are normall very good in Murren (opp Wengen)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the help guys, we are now booked to go to Wengen on march 22nd so fingers crossed for good snow.

We have booked with Crystal and their ski and boot hire seems very expensive, can anyone recommend a good hire shop in Wengen and are you able to leave skies etc up the mountain ?

Think the Hotel we are in is called the Wengenenhof and is supposed to 5 mins walk to the centre.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
karencannon wrote:
Thanks for the help guys, we are now booked to go to Wengen on march 22nd so fingers crossed for good snow.

Enjoy!
Quote:

We have booked with Crystal and their ski and boot hire seems very expensive, can anyone recommend a good hire shop in Wengen and are you able to leave skies etc up the mountain ?

Central Sport. Right next to the cable car up the mountain. They also rent out space to leave your skis down the shop.

Prices are found here (as well as online reservation, but i doubts thats needed...)
http://www.intersportrent.com/switzerland/de/startShopping/?location=16

Quote:

Think the Hotel we are in is called the Wengenenhof and is supposed to 5 mins walk to the centre.

It is Wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
karencannon wrote:
Fancying Wengen but can only travel late March. Has anyone any experience of conditions at this time of year.

they will be terrible, anyone who has been here in late march will tell you that (well they SHOULD if they want to keep it nice and quiet) wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hy stab... assuming that the MSB snowheads haven't trashed all the hire gear in the week before we get there, can I direct my group to your hallowed establishment to worship at the altar of your greatness and get a discount for renting their gear out please? Personally I'll be bringing my own board and boots over so I suppose I don't give a flying spaghetti monster whether you can offer a discount or not, but I'm sure that the skiers in the group (and the odd border or two) will be eternally grateful and we may be persuaded to ambush the Club Med Mob with assorted snowboarders on their way out of their hole in gratitude... or buy you beer. Whichever works best for you?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
One last question ( I think ! )

Can anyone recommend a good ski school or Instructor for nervous 45 year old, who cant stop snow ploughing even after skiing for 5 years ( 5/6 weeks ) Crying or Very sad
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
For a look at typical March conditions, try my photo-blog from last season. We were there for 3 weeks from mid-March to Easter. As you can see, it changes a lot, from freezing mid-winter conditions right through to spring-like days when ice creams are more appropriate than gluhweins.

http://www.downhillonly.com/pics/ big page lots of pics!

It was a great holiday Very Happy Oh, the hotel that is next-door to our house in the pics is the Wengenerhof!

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Mon 14-01-08 0:29; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
karencannon wrote:

Can anyone recommend a good ski school or Instructor for nervous 45 year old, who cant stop snow ploughing even after skiing for 5 years ( 5/6 weeks ) Crying or Very sad

Easy one - ask for Rachel Anderton or Bob Eastwood at the Swiss ski school Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
telford_mike, she said good NehNeh
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
carled wrote:
or buy you beer. Whichever works best for you?

Doughnuts, it's my standard currency at the moment.
I shall talk to the right people today for you.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stab wrote:
telford_mike, she said good NehNeh

Support your local ski teacher Toofy Grin Mind you they're getting paid in CHF so probably better off than me at the moment Shocked
snow report
telford_mike wrote:
karencannon wrote:

Easy one - ask for Rachel Anderton or Bob Eastwood at the Swiss ski school Very Happy

Know them both, great people Wink

Or ask for Paul Ashton whom i had some great experience with in person.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy