Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Thorens to Meribel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, a group of us are going skiing/boarding in Val Thorens this February and we have arranged to go husky sledding in Meribel one afternoon. I was wanting some advice on skiing/boarding between the 2 resorts. Two of the people in the group are complete novices and will have only had 3 mornings of lessons before we are due to go to Meribel. Is it possible to get between the 2 resorts just on blue runs? If not what is the best way of getting there?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
clibe2, Welcome to snowHead

It is possible, if not particularly direct!

One possibility is to drop down to Les Menuires; you can take Plein Sud/3 Valleys 1 and Funitel Bouquetin/3 Valleys 2 to Mont de la Chambre. From there you take the blue Mont de la Chambre down towards Les Menuires. You can go right down, or cut across on various green/blue runs, but the aim is to get to the Roc des 3 Marches 2 chair up to Roc des 3 Marches; from there your beginners can take a gondola down the top (red run territory) part, before skiing down with the rest of you on blues.

As far as I can see, the only actual blue down from the ridge means dropping even lower in Les Menuires, so you can access the St Martin 2 chair up to Tougnete from where you can take a blue down, but this would mean a fair bit of skiing in the Les Menuires sector and might take too long.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
johnnyboy, its a good plan, but a lot for a 3 day skier. How about bus to St Martin, lift up, and tougnette gondola down to Meribel. Whatever, it does mean a 3v pass for the day.
Return, Plattieres to stage 2 from Motteret, ski down to that cold chair. Up to Mt de la Chambre, Pluvomietre home.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty the Snowman, Good point, I think they could get the navette (free ski bus) right down to St Martin, thogh not sure how long that would take.

However, if they did take that option, and St Martin 1 and 2 up, they would need to ski down the blues; Tougnete 1 is a gondola, but Tougnete 2, up to the top, is a chair. (Your data on the Mig is inaccurate!) Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quickest and easiest way may be navette to Les Menuires, Roc des 3 Marches 1 and 2 up, Plattieres 3 down, then ski the rest!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I remember that the blue had a LOT of polling when we did it.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I do not have much to add to the comments above except that skiing from VT to Meribel is almost certainly outside of the range of a "first weeker" and secondly that the blue run shown on the piste map from VT down towards Les Menuires is seriously bad news unless you like walking / poling. Getting a bus to St Martin De B and then lifts up to the ridge above Meribel allow a relatively easy ski down but even then some of these blues can get quite difficult especially once the sun goes off of them in the late afternoon and they get icy.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After their 3 days lessons, take them down Lac Blanc from the top of the Peclet funitel.
If they make it down,they won't have a problem skiing to Meribel from the top of Bouquetin.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It depends on the progress of each individual. Some might still be clinging to the learner drag lifts, never mind getting down red runs.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
johnnyboy wrote:
Frosty the Snowman, Good point, I think they could get the navette (free ski bus) right down to St Martin, thogh not sure how long that would take.

johnnyboy wrote:
Quickest and easiest way may be navette to Les Menuires, Roc des 3 Marches 1 and 2 up, Plattieres 3 down, then ski the rest!

I found out yesterday that the navette isn't free if you are going down to Les Menuires or beyond, just free around VT I think.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just to add to the mix - after 3 days skiing I could do most of the reds where I was. It really is impossible to say how advanced people may or may not be, so although I would go with some ideas and contingencies, don't get hung up on any one idea!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy