Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Free ski carriage on Easyjet...

Poster: A snowHead
...if you're a member of that much-maligned (here) organisation...the SCGB.

Just received notification of this....but I booked my flight for a trip to Grimentz at the end of Feb just last week. So I very much doubt I'll be able to get anything back - and this is probably the first discount I've seen that was truly useful. Bu%%er!!!! Sad Sad
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
GrahamN, Double Bu%%er!!!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
EDIT: A hugely beneficial bonus. Would make joining a no brainer for many.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I got this a few months ago.

They seem to run it every September time.

Try calling the helpline and say that you enter the code but were charged anyway.

Not entirely honest but worth a shot.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
GrahamN,

Do you have a linky for this offer? I might chance it!

joe
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
joe1978, if you're a member, then you'll receive/have received an email containing the promo code. If you're not a member...tough Wink.

Flights to be booked by 31st Jan, to be taken between 9th Jan and 31st March.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
On a related note - if youre flying out of geneva with easyjet do not go over your weight limit. They appear to have been told to charge for every extra single kilo. I couldnt even get away with the foot under the bag trick as they make you put your ski bag on top of your case - lovely people.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
GrahamN, thanks anyway rolling eyes

If anyone manages to get this deducted retrospectively I'll definately join! I'm spending £60 so far ferrying my boardbag back and forward this year and many of my friends the same. Crying or Very sad

joe
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Would it work for adding skis to an existing booking?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Elizabeth B, I doubt it rolling eyes . No doubt if we rejoin, they won't have the offer next winter.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Despite no longer being a member I have just received the email with the discount code, too bloody late to be of any use of course.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Still only applies until 31st March though so no good for EOSB'ers either
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Helen Beaumont, true....I'm still trying to find a way to add my skis for the MSB for free Cool
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Helen Beaumont wrote:
Still only applies until 31st March though so no good for EOSB'ers either

Because we all know in the UK that the ski season is only 6 weeks long FEB+1 week each side. Ask any TO or airline and they will tell you.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Elizabeth B, I need ski carriage for the return journey for MSb, but not for the way out, there is no method of adding it one way on the website, unless I hasd booked the outbound and return flights in separate transacations.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
You don't have to join SCGB.

I received an email from Sleazy Jet with the offer in September.
snow report
When did this e-mail come out? I'm a fully paid up member of this evil organisation but haven't got anything Sad .
snow conditions
skisimon, it's the edge newsletter.
latest report
[b]Sleazy Jet[b/]

Quote:

From: easyJet Newsletter [mailto:newsletter@easyJetmail.com]
Sent: 28 September 2007 11:03
To:
Subject: Skis go free when you book with easyJet

Book your ski flights with easyJet and your skis go free

Winter 07 flights are now on sale, allowing you to book your ski holidays all the way through until March 2008! Book now to get the best fares.

And even better news, book your ski flights before the 5th October 2007 and you can check your skis in for free!

Simply enter the promotional code SKI08 when prompted to do so at stage 3 of the booking process and your discount will automatically be applied.

For full terms and conditions please visit easyJet.com
snow report
Quote:

I'm still trying to find a way to add my skis for the MSB for free

Elizabeth B, Share it with me if you find how to do it Laughing
snow report
Quote:

I'm still trying to find a way to add my skis for the MSB for free

Elizabeth B, Share it with me if you find how to do it Laughing
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont, hmm, haven't had one since the 4th. I'll hold out though, see if I get it later today.
latest report
Still haven't had one. Crying or Very sad Could someone please forward one to me, pretty please. Little Angel

(skisimon at hotmail dot com)
latest report
I booked some flights with easyjet back in september with free ski carriage (nothing to do with SCGB). It was only when I got to the final payment, I realised that the promo code was £30 off the return flight regardless of whether or not you had ski carriage.

I therefore went back through the booking process and did my usual 2 * ski carriage for 4 people, as I always pack the equipment in a double ski bag and a large board bag and have only ever paid for 2 lots of ski carriage regardless of weight.

Subscribe to the Easyjet mailing list, it costs nothing.
snow report
I know it costs nothing, I'm subscribed to it (but didn't need to book any flights whilst that offer was valid...)
snow report
skisimon, e mail on the way.
snow conditions
Is this offer still running? As need to book some flights this weekend. If so how do you get it?
latest report
jtobin03, "up to 30% off" sale on at the moment, have a look and see what your flight comes up at.
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont, thank you very much! snowHead That'll get my skis to the MSB then, where I shall have to buy you a beer! snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skisimon wrote:
I know it costs nothing, I'm subscribed to it (but didn't need to book any flights whilst that offer was valid...)

Yes you need to plan ahead, but that is not always possible, I know. This offer was open to everyone in September and was in 2006 as well. Will Probably be available this year also.
latest report
Kel, problem we had wasn't planning ahead.....we'd booked our flights before the offer started rolling eyes
snow conditions
Had a shocker last night booked my flights total cost £298 with skis, then woke up this am gone down to £230. Easy jet refused a refund as brought flights while a promotion was on. So ended up paying the cancellation fee £30, and rebooked at £230 thus saving £30ish. Then to top it off 2 mates brought their flights at £235ish without skis. Still no where near the £298 (£268 with skis). All the same flight?

Still don't understand how prices can go up in a sale.

Not so much complaining about the cost but the poor customer service and less than transparent pricing structure. Well a least I have a weeks skiing to look forward to.
snow report
jtobin03, you were probably just unfortunate that someone else was browsing at the time, and had several tickets on hold, but then didn't complete the booking. A bit off that they wouldn't refund you though.
ski holidays
jtobin03, prices are related to demand, so if demand goes up during a sale then the price could well end up dearer than the 'normal' one.
It's all part of the game when it comes to booking with these sorts of airlines.
snow report
I was just having a look at a few flights with Easyjet and noticed the following wording with respect to ski bags next to the box for adding the ski carraige:

Bag and sports equipment charges are non-refundable. Payment of additional hold bag fees does not increase each passenger's free baggage weight allowance of 20 Kg. Excess baggage charges will be payable at the airport if your hold baggage weighs more than 20 Kg in total.

I always thought that by paying for ski etc. that you received the extra 12 kg plus your normal 20 kg, but this seems to suggest not, so when you put your ski bag and hold back on the scales if it is over 20 kg (which it will be), you are likely to be charged excess baggage fees Shocked
snow conditions
rayscoops, Regarding skis/boards it also says
Quote:

Payment of the additional fee increases your checked-in hold baggage allowance (including additional item) to a maximum weight of 32kg.

What
Quote:

Payment of additional hold bag fees does not increase each passenger's free baggage weight allowance of 20 Kg. Excess baggage charges will be payable at the airport if your hold baggage weighs more than 20 Kg in total.
refers to IMHO is that if you do not pay the sports equipment supplement, then paying for and checking in 2 hold bags does not increase your total allowance above 20kg.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman,

the 'cut and paste' I posted above was from the box attached to the ski carraige supplement (which is similar to the general hold baggage rules, i.e.20kg no matter how many bags are checked in),

...... but I just found this too in the questions/answers section, which I think is what actually happens

Quote -
Question
Will easyJet carry my bicycle, golf equipment, and skis/snowboard, surfboards, wind surfers, hang gliders, and firearms?

Answer
Bicycles, golf equipment, skis/snowboards, surfboards, wind surfers, hang gliders, paragliders, firearms, diving equipment and sporting wheelchair(s) are subject to a handling fee of £15 per item, per flight. Please visit our Carriers Regulations for full details.

Payment of the additional fee increases your checked-in hold baggage allowance (including additional item) to a maximum weight of 32kgs. Where your total checked-in hold baggage weighs more than 32Kgs, normal excess baggage charges.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy