Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Carroz four days in early Feb - accom needed

Poster: A snowHead
Four blokes going to Les Carroz (though would consider anywhere else closeish to Geneva) between Feb 6-10 - place we stayed in last year is fully booked, as are one or two others we've checked out. Not massively easy to find anywhere to stay - anyone got any suggestions? Pref close to piste.

cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bois De La Char?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm booked in Bois de la Char exactly these days - booked 2 weeks ago (xmas eve!) northernsoulboy, flying from Donny thursday night...

Let me know if you get in

snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
cheers both
have emailed them, will let you know how we get on
anyone else have any other suggestions just in case?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
northernsoulboy, we're heading that way 13-17 Mar, if you don't mind I might use those suggestions too!!

joe
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
knock yourself out joe (not literally)
and many thanks to Mosha Marc and keyhoward - now booked in
cheers all
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Excellent - we should meet up - I'm arriving late on Thursday night with my daughter (sneaky extra weekend on the planks). Any distinguishing features in your party to avoid the embarassment of me introducing myself to the wrong northern soul boys? Feel free to ignore or pm me....
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
will pm you
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Have a good one guys. Unortunately, I'm not heading out to Les Carroz until late March or else there would be another crashing your party.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bois de la Char is basic but perfect for on piste. You have to carry your luggage across the bottom of a red run to the car park! Hope you get in here!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi twoodwar, sounds like you've stayed there? I have a feeling I know where it is - there's a wide sweeping red that comes into Les Carroz and turns into a track under a little tunnel that ends at the new telecabine - is it at the end of the red? Puzzled
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
According to my OL, Bois de la Char is very convenient but the food is pretty crap.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Hi twoodwar, sounds like you've stayed there? I have a feeling I know where it is - there's a wide sweeping red that comes into Les Carroz and turns into a track under a little tunnel that ends at the new telecabine - is it at the end of the red?

Exactly - it is at the base of the red just as it turns sharply to the right, shortly before the tunnel.
Another point - you don't need to carry luggage across the piste - they have a lift accessing the back door which on on the road.
Can't comment on the food but the hotel is just next to Les Servages D'Armelle which is by far the best restaurant (hotel actually) in Les Carroz.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Simo has it right, but if its snow on the ground and only snow tyres(no chains), you wont make it up the final slope to the covered car park, hence the trip across the piste.
Essentially you can ski into the bar with only a little momentum! Food is not crap but basic savoyard. It is not Michelin starred, and you need to like ham and cheese.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Simo has it right, but if its snow on the ground and only snow tyres(no chains), you wont make it up the final slope to the covered car park, hence the trip across the piste.
Essentially you can ski into the bar with only a little momentum! Food is not crap but basic savoyard. It is not Michelin starred, and you need to like ham and cheese.
ski holidays
Reports reached my ears of turkey escalopes being served at the Bois de la Char; if that isn't crap food, I don't know what is!

The OL is (somewhat reluctantly) going back for the 3rd time, so it can't be that bad.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 22-01-08 23:23; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Tell Jamie! Its gone downhill from 2 years ago then, -- unless someone asked for them?
snow conditions
northernsoulboy, pump in to your key pad .snowbeds.com.they are based in les carroz,you will get a bed.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy