Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Vache Restaurant, Plan Peisey

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A few years ago, Colin Welland, the script writer of "Chariots of Fire", announced at the Oscar ceremony, "The Brits are coming!" I felt a little like this on Tuesday night when I visited a new restaurant - La Vache- near the Ski Beat chalets in Plan Peisey.
When we first arrived in Peisey Nancroix in 1992, to visit the Albertville Winter Olympics, an English voice was rarely heard, but matters have changed a lot since then. Mont Blanc Hotel & Bar in Vallandry were early pioneers, but in more recent times, Will at the Flying Squirrel Bar has been successfully carrying the flag, but we now have a new entrant - La Vache is run by sisters Fiona & Chloe, and they are doing a brilliant job. I recommend them highly! Chloe is a brilliant cook, and they are attracting a growing clientele. We have been there for meals twice already!
If you are skiing, it is at the bottom of the Ecureuil piste, a few minutes walk from the shops' car park in PP. Or you can walk up from the Flying Squirrel.
Oh yes, they also have free Wifi access to th'Internet!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fj, thanks for the recommendation.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fj, I'll make a note of that for when the Vanoise Express is mended Sad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anyone know if this restaurant is running in 2023? Phone is no longer working and no email response.
Shame had a couple of good meals there in ‘22.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I wonder if the Chloe mentioned is the Chloe from Chloes cuisine. She catered for us twice now at Plan Peisey/Vallandry. She said she did own a restuarant.

She is an amazing cook and I cannot recommend her service enough https://chloescuisine.com/
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
srooks wrote:
Anyone know if this restaurant is running in 2023? Phone is no longer working and no email response.
Shame had a couple of good meals there in ‘22.

Hope so as we're stopping at the Ski Beat chalets in early March and I was hoping to use this as a post-ski beer stop!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Would be good to know! We're in Ski Beat chalet in April.

Although I think we'd be looking for Savoyarde specialities, for when the chalet staff have a night off.

Any thoughts on Table d'Emma or Chez Felix? Table d'Emma looks good but not necessarily Savoyarde.

We usually pick up a box of beers to have in the chalet, from the local supermarket. Although quite often have one on the slopes, plus tempted to pick up some Genepi as well! We were offered and had Sugar Cubes with Genepi on them a few years ago at Club Med in Les Arcs, as we were leaving for the morning. A great start to the day! Although Genepi is a little on the pricey side, but will see what it costs in resort.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We went to Chez Felix and had the Raclette. Fantasic and great portions of meat and cheese.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Good to hear
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@srooks, Yes, it has rebranded as the Kitz. The kitchen is being ran by Tony and Indi who are both amazing chefs. The plat de jour there is always absolutely spot on. Can't recommend it enough. I've been there loads this season.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
timlongs wrote:
@srooks, Yes, it has rebranded as the Kitz. The kitchen is being ran by Tony and Indi who are both amazing chefs. The plat de jour there is always absolutely spot on. Can't recommend it enough. I've been there loads this season.

Thanks for the confirmation. Any good for a post ski beer before going back to the chalet?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Don't see why not, although their beer selection is a bit boring. No local craft (unlike at the Blanc)
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
timlongs wrote:
Don't see why not, although their beer selection is a bit boring. No local craft (unlike at the Blanc)

Thanks, more about a beer before going back to the chalet than anything else Toofy Grin
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy