Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How is skiing in Whistler in April?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am looking to book a ski trip starting 5th April and I was wondering how the skiing in Whistler is at that time of year. I've just got back and loved it so I am keen to go again. Historical snow reports look quite good but what is the reality? Will it be possible to ski down to the village? How many lifts are open?

Many thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
By April you generally can't ski to the village, some years you can, but not usually. The good skiing is up high, and I just get the gondola up and down. its not worth skiing out, even when you can, since there are lots of rocks. Up high, its normally a lot of fun if you like spring skiing, ie skiing in brilliant hot sunshine, with slushy snow. The snow is basically ice first thing in the morning, so if like ripping fast on ice, then thats the time to go up, but me, by that time of year, i like to go up later after the sun has softened the snow, and just cruise around having fun, then have a beer or two on a balcony.
It is possible to get powder around then, i remember a few years ago we had a 50cm around march 20th, we even get powder days in august, up in the glacier. wet powder normally, but still fun.
If you are around for the 11 - 20 there is the Telus world ski and snowboard festival, a HUGE party in whistler.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
wbsr wrote:

i remember a few years ago we had a 50cm around march 20th

that was the 04/05 season that everyone had written off and was actually until that point the worst season ever. We arrived on March 17th and the bike shops had put their bikes out and Tom Pro was getting the bike park ready. Then it dumped big time. Incredible.

I've been out that time of year several times now and always had good fun. wbsr is right in that you can't usually ski-out but there has always been plenty of snow higher up. In fact the first season I went to Whistler 98/99 I flew out on the 7th April and the snow was amazing. It dumped at Easter in season 05/06 (around April 14th) There is usually a good chance of sunshine that time of year too. I say usually because with Whistler it's very unpredictable - well mountain weather is generally unpredictable isn't it?

I can say that I've never been put off going to Whistler by the weather and this will be my 11th trip.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I just can't get my head around rain while I'm in a ski resort. The latest I've skied in Whistler is early March and there was too much rain for my liking then. Of course it was snow higher up, but pretty wet and heavy. Great resort though if the conditions are favourable and I assume it should be a lot less crowded at that time?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
uktrailmonster, Big White is famous for its frequent dense fog giving it the nickname Big Whiteout. I think I'd rather have a little rain in resort and snow higher up than constantly be battling with thick fog. Each to their own, eh? Little Angel
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy