Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski hire in advance via internet - cheaper ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just wondered if anyone has any thoughts regarding pre-booking ski hire in advance - is it cheaper than just walking up to the store when in-resort ? I have only 'standard' requirements and wont be going during school holidays etc.

All advice (useful or otherwise) welcome.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A tiny bit cheaper via intersport online. Very little difference though. http://www.intersportrent.com/
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It depends upon where you are going and when - I've seen some quite big discounts (up to 40%) for advance online booking.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hugely different through Skiset and Snowrental (40% mostly).

Definitely hire on internet i say and i've never had a problem getting top spec/maintained kit.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes.

Ive always booked in advance since I sold my own skis

Have used www.snowrental.net and found the equipment to be ok but old

Now try and use www.intersportrent.com they seem to have new skis every season
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes. We usually book in advance - with our last trip they even had the skis set aside for us when we arrived at the hireshop [But that was Canada]. Skiset seem reasonable, and it just feels a bit nicer to go in and say you've got the skis hired already. Also agree that we've always got the level of ski we've asked for and usually been good condition too. With Skiset I recall you can have up to one change in the week with the Gold package, so if you feel like a change midweek, you can do it gratis. Do it!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've a limited, but very positive experience of booking skis online. I booked two sets of "superior skis" through Skiset for our trip to Livigno last year. Cost wise, this worked out at around a 10% discount on just pitching up at the shop. However, after chatting to a couple of folks on my lesson I found that we'd saved around 50% on what they'd paid on booking through the tour operator. The specification of our skis was better than theirs and they were better maintained.

I'm happy to recommend both Skiset and the hire shop, Vertigo, in Livigno.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I still don't get this, unless you're going at 1/2 term or easter.

What do you end up saving in Euros? Perhaps 30 or 40 Euros, i.e. one lunch out or a round of beers or less than 5% of most total ski holiday costs.

Personally I'd much rather find the shop that's local to where I'm staying in resort (can't always tell if pre-booked) and check that they have decent kit in stock and can fit you out. If you don't like what they have or their attitude then you just go find another.

Everyone on here seems to be so excited about saving 20% by pre-booking, but it removes your flexibility.

Have I missed something?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It can be slightly cheaper - personally I wouldn't have thought it worth doing unless you really aren't fussy about what you get. Paying up front seems to be a risk to me - you may end up with old equipment which has been poorly maintained. And I don't think you save much really - best to have peace of mind and see what your getting I reckon.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy