Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Local pay as you go cards

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
In Switzerland, Migros have a nice cheap pay as you go option. All calls to mobile or land lines in Europe are 0.28CHF/min with 1 second charging. SMS is 0.10 CHF. You can get a card with 15CHF credit for 20CHF or even a whole phone + 15CHF credit for 30 CHF.

Is there anything similar for France? We always clock up some roaming charges and my wife refuses to use a PMR radio Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was thikning of doing something similar in Italy. Anyone help there? Specifically Courmayeur which is geographically quite close to both France and Switzerland, albeith with bloody great moutnains in the way that might block mobile signals Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
nbt, I think you can forget non Italian networks. I could not get a Orange CH signal at the Grand St Bernard Pass (border between Switzerland and Italy) leave alone the valley on the other side.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have you all checked your phones are unlocked to all networks?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I believe that 3 Network has launched a scheme in the last year that allows you to use your contract phone 'as if at home' when in a country that also has 3 Network (UK, Hong Kong, Italy, Sweden, Austria, Denmark and Ireland). You need to make sure you're on the correct network when abroad but then your usage comes out of your inclusive minutes / data* bundle.

3 Network's marketing is fairly innovative and so they do tend to come up with these 'un-beatable' deals now and then but I've had contracts with them in the past and think they are rubbish.
As we know roaming charges can mount up really quickly so it might be cost effective taking out a contract with them for a whole year in order to access this facility - if their customer service wasn't such an absolute PIA to deal with, I'd be much more ready to consider this seriously.

Has anyone experience/knowledge of this scheme in action yet?

*that could save a packet
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Kruisler, yes. I regularly substitute a UK sim when I am visiting
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy