Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowheads, popular amongst middle aged gents, apparently

Poster: A snowHead
http://www.quantcast.com/snowheads.com - The site is popular among a primarily older, largely male, college educated audience.

http://skiclub.co.uk - The site caters to a largely incontinent, geriatric audience living in primary care homes who have no college education.

epicski.com - The site attracts a fairly wealthy, heavily male, mostly Caucasian, primarily older audience.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That's counting the US surfers only. (And they don't have enough information on the ski club to venture an opinion).
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I hate being categorized, Evil or Very Mad

especially when they're correct Sad
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm intrigued - where do they get the stats from? Stuff on there about income and kids ages - what do they do read everyones posts?

Is Admin, realy profilling us when we join wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
"We have sparse data about snowheads.com, so these are rough estimates.
Get Quantified to see more accurate results "

This rather gives the game away. It must be based on the odd wrinkly who been "Quantified" Laughing Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Do I still count as young now that I've hit forty Puzzled
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Scarpa, as I will be hitting the same milestone shortly - YES
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I could have told you that, in all likelihood, this site had a predominantly middle aged, male and professional audience. But no-one bothered to ask me! Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A quick look at top 50 posters and I certainly don't think its fair to say that it is predominantly male - middle aged and professional maybe
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm 19 ffs! Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I am 34..next year I'll be a "middle-age male" according to them.. Shocked Evil or Very Mad Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Timmaah wrote:
I'm 19 ffs! Laughing

I'm sorry but you will have to leave the forum and come back in 20 years time wink

snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kruisler, so your a young female at the moment? wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I wasn't middle aged when I joined though!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Timmaah wrote:
I'm 19 ffs! Laughing
yeah but you sound old wink
ski holidays
I might qualify as older, but not geriatric, nor incontinent, nor male, nor college educated perhaps another reason why I should start limiting the amount of time I spend here wink
latest report
Quote:

The site is popular among a primarily older, largely male, college educated audience.

Wonder what the profile of skiers at large is?
ski holidays
This passes the smell-test.

I would have said most writers on here are old, educated(ish) and affluent.
snow report
abc wrote:
Quote:

The site is popular among a primarily older, largely male, college educated audience.

Wonder what the profile of skiers at large is?

Skiers are likely older and affluenter.

Boarders are probably younger and poorer.
snow conditions
Whitegold, do boarders pass the smell-test ? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Age is becoming less and less of an indicator of lifestyle as time goes by. With our extended lifespans and the apparent twin choices of the young generation to either knuckle down or embrace chavdom things are becoming more and more mixed up.
latest report
davidof, tsk, tsk... it says pistehors has a "...largely male, 55-64 audience." You coming up for retirement soon then? wink Laughing

Apparently our visitors are "more male"... wonder if 2macho2ski.com is available... rolling eyes
latest report
Whitegold wrote:
This passes the smell-test.

I would have said most writers on here are old, educated(ish) and affluent.

Exactly! So what should a skier website profile should be? Young, poor and un-educated who never ski?
snow report
I've been restricted to one holiday per year while the kiddies were growing up, and had not wanted to "waste" that on going somewhere cold.
It's only now that they've flown the nest (both of them, last year Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ) that mrs Spurs and I have been able to afford the extra breaks. Now that we're rich beyond our wildest dreams I have finally been able to try skiing (1st time last year) and am determined to go at least once per year from now onwards.
Soo, middle aged?, yes. Wealthy?, Lord no..but comparatively.

I'm not going to college though, too old now.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Tue 8-01-08 21:51; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
We're not all as affluent as some folk that enjoy snowsports either. Yes, you need a fair amount of cash to ski, but where there's a will there's a way and some do it by saving up. I doubt you could do it if you were destitute, and luckily I'm not, but I still like to watch where the pennies go.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy