Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thomsonfly from Manchester - Ski carriage

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Flying with Thomsonfly next week from Manchester, have not pre-booked ski carriage but am now likley to take a ski bag - am I likely to get charged when we check in ? Is it worth paying in advance to avoid the hassle ? Could it end up costing more by risking it ? Easyjet and Ryanair are right on the ball and can see you coming a mile off, are all locost airlines the same these days ?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm in the same boat but i'm flying with first choice. I don't think i've prebooked so i was going to ring up the airline today and see what they say. I'm pretty sure you need to do it before you get to the check in.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
masmith, I would book it before you go, we always do. I haven't been aware of it costing more on the day, but they do say if you haven't pre-booked then they might not have room. I guess it depends on what day/time you are flying as to whether or not it is worth the risk, but Thomsonfly combine their charter and scheduled services sometimes (so they don't fly empty planes), so it's likely to be busy at this time of year.

If you get to the front of the check-in queue and they decide to charge you then, I'm pretty sure you have to go to the customer service desk to pay (another queue potentially), so you waste time and then have to either queuing again or push in in front of disgruntled passengers who didn't know you've already queued once.

To be honest, I would be surprised if they let you take them without paying, now they have a very 'no frills' baggage policy and a very 'book all your extras here' style of website, it seems to be another revenue stream for them now, just like the other locos.

D
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Deliaskis, great post, just the kick up the back bottom I needed. Of course I should prepay, certainly don't want any hassle on the day, how else are these companies to make a profit.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
that's clever, a r s e was translated automatically to back bottom !!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
masmith, no worries, I know what you mean, the hassle factor is the biggest pull for me to do it as well, having been caught out once in the past with one group member saying 'I'll just pay when I get there', but holding up the whole group in the mean time.

I thought you were just being very polite re arse by the way, how well to do!

D
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I flew with Thomsonfly a few weeks ago, and although they checked on the outbound leg, on my return they just took my word for it when they asked if I had paid in advance for the skis.

I'd already paid for both in advance so I was being truthful, but if you are polite etc.. you might get away with it!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
philw wrote:
... but if you are polite etc.. you might get away with it!

Well I've no chance then Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy