Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs - La Plagne by car

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

We will be staying in Vallandry in March, unfortunately the Vanoise Express is closed all winter...
rolling eyes

I'm thinking to go by car one day from Vallandry to Montchavin.
Any experiences out there, regarding this route ? (chains often needed ? or winter tyres mostly ok ?)

Can I find a parking in Montchavin, not too far from piste access ?

Or maybe there is a bus connection between Montchavin and Vallandry ?

Thanks a lot !
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No bus connection - you need to go down along and up - car parking etc should be on the La Plagne website. The Vanoise is shut all winter? does anyone know why? I wouldve thought any maintenance would have been done in the quieter summer months?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nadenoodlee, http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=33590
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We drove from Geneva to Montchavin a couple of years ago in March. the snowline was just above the altitude of Montchavin village, so the roads were clear and we didn't need snowchains. But I imagine that could be very different if the snow conditions are better.

As for parking, there is a large car park at the entrance to the village, and then you have a 7 minute walk to the lifts. The village is tiny and not good for driving through, so you don't want to take the car in anyway.

That's a bummer about the Vanoise express! Good luck and hope you have fun.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
flouzje, Les Arcs has so much skiing, why do you want to drive to La Plagne? Puzzled
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Well, I get bored quickly Little Angel

And I'm a fantastic skier of course wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy