Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grandvalira- how bad is it?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

After the rain at the weekend are Pas/Soldeu really as bad as the webcams and closed pistes suggest they are. Im on my way over this Sunday (13th) for a cheap & cheerful trip. A lot of the group are beginners but a few of us are intermediates who want to put a bit of mileage in.

The pistes look very bare especially on the reds/blacks down into Grau Roig Puzzled . Is there anyone over there who can give a fly on the wall report or any of you expert weather forecasters who can cheer me up??!!

Thanks

Kevin
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
the conditions at the moment are AWFUL.... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad the local forecast predict snow for this thursday-friday, not much, maybe enough to have "decent" runs....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's sad...but still early days! The Alps seem to be getting loads,I hope Andorra has a better season than last year, although I don't think there has been any significant snow fall since early December...the locals must be preying coz people will go where the snow is.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
look at the weather forecast on this page

http://www.soldeuonline.com/weatherforecast.php
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
J2 ski get it consisitently wrong shoogly...they usually predict huge dumps about 4-6 days away when it comes it's normally either nothing or 5 cm!! Let's hope they are right this time...it's still early days!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
We expect snow during next weekend; keep the fingers crossed
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks guys

Hopefully the snow will come or else its snowman making and bombardino's for me for the week. Shocked
Keep the updates coming guys, its much appreciated.
Ive gone this week in January for about 4 of the past 7 years and apart from being cold and a bit icy (which you would expect) the conditions have been pretty good with almost all runs open. And now two years in a row, a really bad start to the season... I guess that Al Gore guy must be right Embarassed

Kevin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hi guys new on here
me and four mates off to pas this sunday
havnt been skiing for about four years was really looking forward to it
but not so sure now.
im off out side to do a snow dance
fingers crossed
stevo
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hope they do gets loads of snow soon, I went to Soldeu early March 3 years ago and it was fantastic, great skiing and a friendly place, hope for everyones sake they have a decent season.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
We've just booked our hols for the last week of Feb, there a good few weeks for the snow to get its act together but I've still got my fingers crossed!

Everyday I'm checking the webcams, praying!

It'll be our first time to Andorra after our first two years skiing in Bulgaria, really looking forwards to somewhere different, just hope the snow works out!!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
been in cas since monday
what can i say great
monday skiing good snow fell on saturday
tuesday not too bad got bit windy in afternoon
wednesday fresh snow in morning had to come home at 330 due too snow fall
thursday morning about 15cm in resort slopes great sun out skiing as good as it gets
any one cooming next week looks ok

stevo
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Well - I'm sorry to say that it looks to have been raining quite heavily overnight, particularly at Soldeu & El Tarter.

Does anybody know the local forecast for next week? We fly out on the 27th... Confused

Chalks.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
alexwhite79, Sorry to say that the forecast for next week is HOT, with no precipitation. On the bright side, once the sun (still fairly low in the sky) drops, then overnight temps will be very low.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
alexwhite79 wrote:
Well - I'm sorry to say that it looks to have been raining quite heavily overnight, particularly at Soldeu & El Tarter.

Does anybody know the local forecast for next week? We fly out on the 27th... Confused

Chalks.

You can go on the sodeuonline forum,there are a couple of guys out there posting reports. It's certainly raining or been raining! you wont find any local sites reporting it though!!! they will say it's partly cloudy and sunny! We fly out on 27 as well,drive up from Barcelona. I had a look at the long range GFS charts and it's not good news if they are correct. Warm temps for the next few days on top of the rain,Clear and sunny all next week with no significant precipitation shown for the next two weeks. I just hope they are wrong,seems like high pressure will dominate for the forseeble future. Just pray that the snow holds up,otherwise... Sad
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Webcams look terrible. Its all cut up and is conditions are listed as wet. If you get hot days on top of that its just gonna cut up and fade away. The best we can hope for now is the temperatures drop so they can pump out the fake snow.
latest report
Sharkenergy - Looking on the brightside as usual!!!!! We're Doomed! lol
snow conditions
it did rain all night
ive just got off the slopes
and what anouther great day
snow was great sun came out
bit slushy by lifts
but a great day skiing the rain hasnt done any damage
weather can change in mins here so dont worry about snow reports
take it from somebody who is there skiing is as good as it gets

stevo Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
evostevo, excellent should keep the doom merchants quiet. snowHead
snow conditions
Last year was my best year of skiiing ever, and all Soldeu had was Artificial snow. So I'm sure I'll have a good week of skiing this year. But the fact is, doom merchant or not, I'm not going to book up Soldeu again when I could go to Whistler, Lake Tahoe, or anywhere in the Alps, and have fresh powder almost everyday. Why would you? 4th year of Soldeu coming up, but 2 years of crap/worry is enough to put you off. BUT before anyone moans, I'm sure I'll still have fun. I mean last year it was white on the open runs, and every single piece of mountain/land around looked like a summer holiday and its better than that this year (so far).
snow report
what goes around comes around - a few years back (Beaver Creek) had really poor snow - it was the same across the states - Soldue was having its best season.

I learn't to ski in Soldue when they first opened in 1978 and watched the mountain and teh ski school grow from 6 - 200 plus insructors. The village was tiny and the main round went up around Fat Alberts and The Pussy Cat.

Great seasons and poor season.

My worst season was in 1989/90 in Tignes no snow until mid feb !! But then it dumped and dumped 2.7 metres of it measured at 2,000 meters. (magic Tuesday 16 feb 1990)

The moral of this is don't stress, think snow and you may get 2.7 metres of it.
ski holidays
evostevo, you can get capitals by using the shift key. The one on the left with the vertical arrow. Glad the skiing is good for you. Very Happy
latest report
Wher is this Soldue place ?? wink
snow report
Is anyone going out there (andorra) this week? or has anyone just got back? we are desperate to get some honest reports from snowheads,we are due out on 27 Jan (soldeu) but I will book somewhere else last minute if soldeu is crap.I'm begining to wish I'd done that anyway!
snow report
Hi, I'm off there tomorrow, will try and send a report. However have been following the snow via the forum at www.soldeuonline.com, they have been postings from people in resort. They are saying good things, hope it helps.
snow conditions
thanks cathy would really appreciate it. I have been on there as well,one of the guys on there said the rain the other night did alot of damage...others say it didn't!!?? just want an honest opinion really,we are concerned about the high temps as well. Hopefully it will hold out for you next week,but the following week when we go without any snow forecast could be dire!! Where are you staying?
snow report
CathyS, Welcome to SnowHeads. Thanks for that positive info snowHead
snow conditions
today saturday skiing not great
very slushy
pray for more snow
i recon its still about 85% ope
it hasnt rained today
good luck in the futer weeks

stevo
(capitals are for girls typing one handed with beer in the other)
ski holidays
thanks evostevo im out there on the 3rd of feb even if its raining. is it cold enough for the cannons to work at night? went last year and we still had lots of fun when there was only 20cm also are the links from soldeu to pas open as were hopefully going to ski from pas to canillo if thay are. one last thing were flying into Toulouse and driving ahire car to soldeu we need to hire /purchase some chains on route as hire car company have run out. any one got any idea were to stop and get some snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
karlos No2, Foix ? There are a few stores there but I dont know if they sell chains. Aix Les Thermes / Tarascon is also likely to sell chains.
ski holidays
All the badsnow in Andorra is being rather overshadowed by the great snow in the alps.

I hope the future is snowy for Andorra, just for all the panicking business owners in the area.
ski holidays
alexwhite79, We also fly on the 27th for a week of sunbathing in Soldeu, but if you look at ultimate-ski.com there is a rather promising forecast for the coming week, fingers crossed! Shocked
snow report
hi im heading out to soldeu sunday. Has it got any better now that the cannons are back on? as for my earlyer post dont think il need chains just suncream. see the temps set to rise up to15c after tuesday Confused
ski holidays
The conditions are good in Grand Valira now. Snow cannons sorted it out the last 2 days and its been snowing for the last 3 hours.
ski holidays
Conditions are better than earlier on in the week and it is snowing light in the village,fingers crossed more snow higher up. Still patches of ice on many runs.
snow conditions
ok thanks for that ,carnt wait to get there now .just seen that 10cm forcast for monday as well snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
Great powder in Soldeu and el tartar today. Surprised the site only reports 3cm. It was really nice. Avet is in great condition. Over in Pas and Grau Roig there was plenty of powder but all clumped up and bumpy.

I thought it was strange they are listed as powder with soldeu and el tartar as hard. Anyways cannons were on all day and the conditions are great. No excuses.
snow report
Saturday was excellent,I reckon there was about 4 inches high up and conditions were very good, still the odd icy patch low down to catch out the beginners (ive never seen so may people with arms in slings and on crutches). All in all a reasonable week in Grandvallira. Best snow is over in Crau Roig and Pas.
ski holidays
good snowfalling past night,..10-15cm in Andorra but the amount of freshies up to 40cm in places like Port del Comte, Boí Taull, or Cerler
latest report
Finally 20cm in Grandvalira, and 20-30cm in Arcalís.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy