Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3V Easter 21st-29th March Anybody fancy meeting up?

Poster: A snowHead
Kitty, Boywonder & Myself will be in La Tania for Easter week. Are there any snowHeads in the 3V that week?
We met up with several snowHeads last Feb, for a bit of a ski, hints & tips sessions and some serious Bar sessions, would be good to do similar this year.

Anybody fancy meeting up?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 8-01-08 9:11; edited 6 times in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Spyderman, Would have loved to but are slumming it in that place that can't be mentioned Crying or Very sad
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Frosty the Snowman, You're not that far away for a day trip.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Spyderman, Does the very fact that you are there make it an "Event" rather than a "trip"? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Links permitting will make it over for a meet though!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Spyderman, I come with baggage......24 to be precise Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
johnnyboy, It turned into a 'Bash' last year. Very Happy Those present:Spyderman, Kitty, Boywonder, Chris Bish, Bev Bish, Axsman, Mrs.Axsman, Skimotteret

I thought I'd start it off as an 'Event' and see how We go. Laughing

If you're in VT, we can normally get over by mid morning, plus We've got the car so moving around is easy. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sorry but I've moved this to trips.
With so many people coming to the bashes these days, it really helps me if snowEvents remains mainly focussed on the stuff we're organising in-house. There are increasing numbers of people starting to use it for what the trips forum is for and I keep checking in to find it's not relevant.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Spyderman, Oops, sorry, was only joking! (now see what's happened, me and my big mouth!)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
johnnyboy, What is the weather doing outside Bigmouth? wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Frosty the Snowman, Don't know, can't see more than 20 yards. Was trying to snow a bit earlier, but the cloud has really come in now so can't see out onto the piste.

Didn't mean to be a spoil sport Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
johnnyboy, I will hunt you down, don't worry. wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Will be there that week myself
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Specialman, Where are you staying?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Spyderman, Just bumping this cos I still feel guilty about it being moved out of "Events". Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Spyderman, myself and Mrs. Zammo will be in La Tania from 20th to 24th. Staying at Hotel Telemark. Look forward to sharing some turns with you.

Zammo
latest report
We will be in La Tania too, staying with Ski Magic from 23rd to 29th. How about setting up a snowhead attempt at the 1 day escapade?
snow conditions
zammo, Hotel Telemark is right next door to us. Very Happy

prthomas, Bring on the Escapade, let's kick the tyres & light the fires. Very Happy We'll give it a go if you fancy it. I'll wax up the Stormriders.

I was starting to think I was Nobby no mates. Glad there are a few snowHeads around when we're there. Very Happy
ski holidays
Spyderman, am looking at my group of five to be in Meribel or VT that week or fro the 29th, time off work pending.
ski holidays
Bump. Come on Guys, I'm not that scary. Toofy Grin
snow report
Spyderman wrote:
Bump. Come on Guys, I'm not that scary. Toofy Grin

You're not but the missus...... wink
ski holidays
FenlandSkier, Be afraid, be very afraid Skullie Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
zammo,Spyderman, myself and mrs hedley are staying at Telemark 20th -24th as well Very Happy ,Older kids in tow as well but up for a few beers and a meet up .Never been to La Tania/Telemark but skiied down through on the blue Folyeres run last week to have a nosy.Looks like it is almost on he edge of the piste with a couple of flights of stairs to get you there.You been there before?
How many snowHead in La tania over easter now then?
snow report
hedley, Stayed there last year. We stay at a friend's apartment. Both the apartment building and the Telemark are right on the edge of the main piste down to the bubble. We had to walk about 10 feet last year, before we could put our skis on.
So far in La Tania there's: Spyderman, Kitty, hedley, prthomas, zammo, They better get some more Mutzig in stock at the Ski Lodge Very Happy
snow conditions
Spyderman, Apart from the fact that I've just got the credit card bill for our 5 days in Norway Shocked (tho I did get down a red run Kitty, so have made progress since the last lesson at Hemel - was with an instructor I must confess but none the less it was a first) and am broke, the next and possibly last chance for the season I have to ski looks like 3-4 days in Spain in April - wind dependent and I fealised I can actually get away over Easter - Mr LS going climbing Easter Monday so would be a short break for me only - but accomodation looks like a stumbling block. If anyone has any bright ideas that would be brilliant but all rooms seem to be for 2 people and I def do not have a budget for much! rolling eyes
snow report
Late starter, Let's hope something becomes available for you.
latest report
Spyderman, Hope so - have looked all over on line and nothing yet strikes - have posted on 'Chalets Direct' solutions page for La Tania but may be I could spread the net a bit further - don't know the area at all so not sure where would be accessible so I could catch up with snowHead for maybe part of an evening or two but may be have a better chance of tracking down accomodation Puzzled Puzzled

Am keener to try since Ryanair just lopped a day off the trip to see my mum in Granada leaving us with a max of 2 full days and a short day there Evil or Very Mad
snow report
Late starter, probably worth having a look on www.latania.co.uk at their special offers or try the Hotel Telemark to see what they have available.
snow conditions
prthomas, Emailed hotel Telemark this afternoon so got that one covered, thanks for the web reference tho - looks familiar so I may have hit it yesterday but I will have another look with a bit more determination Madeye-Smiley The problem I keep hitting is that it goes across two weeks and that causes chaos I think rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Late starter, Anywhere on the Courchevel side is OK, the free bus runs till midnight.
snow report
Unfortunately do not arrive until 30th Laughing
ski holidays
kevinrhead, Have a good time. I'll tell you what you missed when you get back Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Spyderman, decided to stop beating head against brick wall of French accomodation and go on recce trip to Austria - Radstadt area. Hope you all have great trip and hope to see you at another time Very Happy
snow report
Thought I'd resurrect this thread as this is now only 10 days away.

Do I have to learn some unusual handshake technique in order to work out who you all are?
latest report
zammo, myself Mrs hedley and my boys are staying in the Telemark too,so would be good to meet up for a few beers and a ski. Lets hope we have a bit more snow than rain in the village over the next week or so??
I will PM you my mobile number.
snow report
excellent. Look forward to it!
latest report
Anyone fancy the escapade (see above)? If so when? hedley, zammo, are you around on the 24th because that is probably the best day that we are all around? Spyderman - you available for a go on the 24th? If so I will find out the logistics with Toffa at the la tania website.
ski holidays
prthomas, sorry guys we will be driving back to Chambery on the Monday afternoon Sad
ski holidays
prthomas, We can do any day as long as the weather, snow and lifts are good to go. I'd prefer not to do the first day that I arrive though. Just to let me get up to speed.
latest report
Spyderman, OK, only thought of the 24th if hedley and zammo were around. Am happy to do it later on in the week (although not wednesday as the kids don't have creche that day).
snow conditions
prthomas, escapade sounds fun but sadly myself and Mrs. Zammo will be driving to Geneva on 24th. If snow's good we will do a reccy for you on the Saturday ....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy