Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sliding dollar attracts European sliders

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The recent slide in the US currency is attracting more skiers to the US from Europe. The Euro is achieving all-time highs against the Dollar, and Sterling is near a four-year high.
This is making the US a more attractive proposition relative to Canada... whose currency weakness has seduced many skiers in recent years.

In Colorado there are expectations of further rises in international visitors, according to this report from The Denver Post.

Quote:
The British have long comprised the largest sector of Colorado's international ski vacationers, with about 300,000 annual visits in each of the the past four seasons. They were the only international skiers to post an increase in visits after the terrorist attacks in September 2001.

That figure sounds mighty high to me. 300,000 UK skiers in Colorado annually? Is that statistic backed up by UK travel data?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:
300,000 UK skiers in Colorado annually? Is that statistic backed up by UK travel data?

Madeye-Smiley ...sounds like they measure visitors the same way the ski club do, er, allegedly...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I can imagine it being something like that. When I first started going to the US to Ski in 1985 we (brits) were a definite novelty in Colorado let alone the reception you got when venturing into some of the more remote States like New Mexico,Montana, Idaho.
Nowadays we are definitly there biggest customer. The front range resorts are teaming with Brits.
I stay away from these places the last few years and stick to the smaller remote resorts i other states . One good reason is the price of a beer in the major resorts $4+ +tip !
There also used to be alot of Scandinavians sking over there a few years back so I dont know what happend to them ??
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Will all of these 300,000 now be able to pass the visa regulations? I can't!!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy