Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Boots in Verbier/La Tzoumaz-Shop/Fitter Recommendations?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi there,

I'm off to Verbier 25th Jan for a couple of weeks (first time there, and can't come soon enough!) and am very likely to be looking to purchase some ski boots.

Following the experience of my skiing buddy last year in Utah, the idea of buying them in resort seems to be the way forward (vs. snow and rock/ellis bringham visit before you go, for example), so can get any adjustments made as the boots settle in.

Therefore, I'm keen to hear from anyone who knows Verbier and can recommend any shops and, even better, specific bootfitters to make a beeline for.

I'm actually going to be staying La Tzoumaz, so if there are any good shops there that anyone can recommend, then great, as it'll be a shorter walk!

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have heard and seen of people having good work done at Mountain Air.......or you could just get out a little early and travel over to Chamonix to see the SMALLZOOKEEPER
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers, CEM - I'll check them out. Getting out early would be ideal, if you could just convince my employer?!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
fatmansan, If you're staying in La Tsoumaz then the only way you'll be going to Verbioer is by skiing there ... which then begs the question of what you have on your feet in the first place in order to ski over ... and the journey back may be a little encumbered

...I'D go a day early and visit SZK.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Agenterre, a fair point indeed, I was just going to hire some for a day to get over there. Am driving over so a trip to Chamonix is not out of the question. Cheers for the post
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
fatmansan, if you are going via chamonix, best to give them a call and sort out an appointment, in saying that you should do that if you want to see any bootfitter really
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yep, cheers CEM - was going to do that wherever I go - as you say makes sense

Thanks for the posts, guys
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
fatmansan, Nick at Mountain Air is pretty good, Ricoh at No 1 is great and so is Laurent at Extreme Sports. We also have a Surefoot, which I'm sure is great, they're expensive but popular.

No idea what you might expect in la Tzoumaz.

Go to Cham.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Great tips, cheers parlour!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
fatmansan, mountain air.....
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'll put a word in for Joss and Jessie at Surefoot - over the last 3 years they've managed to satisfy me, my niece, my wife and my sister-in-law, which is quite something wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
red 27 & Steve Sparks - cheers, guys for that - much appreciated
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Steve Sparks wrote:
I'll put a word in for Joss and Jessie at Surefoot - over the last 3 years they've managed to satisfy me, my niece, my wife and my sister-in-law, which is quite something wink

and would make quite an interesting video... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
fatmansan, No need to get anyone else to convice your employer to let you go a day early to sort boots out as you already seem to have done it yourself - we're not going until the 26th, you half-wit!!!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Billy M, good point well made- I'm taking my new diary back to WHSmith's - it's clearly forgot we're in a leap year.

I look forward to you driving me to one of the aforementioned ski shops to buy some new boots!

Either way, can't wait. Thanks for your contribution.
snow report
That may cost you a hot chocolate!

I'm no diary expert, fatmansan, but I believe I am right in thinking that Feb 29th comes after Jan 26th...
ski holidays
fatmansan, did you get sold a dogey diary by one of those door to door sales people Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Billy M, Jeez ... I assume you dont trust your mate to do the navigation ... does he know he's going abroad ... has he a passport? Shocked wink
latest report
Bloody hell, a simple error in when we're leaving and I've got it in the neck! What happened to all that festive spirit?! ho ho

Anyway, hot choccy, it is, BillyM. CEM, Agenterre - thanks for your concern - passport in check and diary well and truly burnt!

I certainly won't be doing the navigating - it's a large part of his job - leave it to the experts I say! I'll be picking the tunes and admiring the scenary!

Cheers all
snow conditions
Agenterre, ha ha, that's impressive - by just reading a few posts on a forum, you have hit the nail well and truly on the head. It's as if you've known him for years!! Laughing
latest report
fatmansan, How's that snow dance coming along...? Does it look a little bit like the Truffle Shuffle?!?!
snow report
Billy M - I'm sure you're sharp enough to re-arrange the following words: black pot kettle calling. You carry on with that sort of banter and I'll be bringing along the Barry Manilow LP your mum lent me....
snow conditions
go to nick who owns MOUNTAIN AIR and does great boot fitting-have not had good experience with surefoot. You will be best to phone ahead to make an appointment with nick-he is always in demand,,
ski holidays
Another vote for Nick at Mountain Air. Very good fit and no extra cost for lots of repeat visits.
snow conditions
rossie, Welcome to Snowheads. I agree.
Although this thread has been dormant for 2 years Laughing Laughing
I needed a few tweaks to sort out heel blisters no problemo. Sure foot would not look at the heel blisters until I bought their footbed.
CEM, made my foot beds I know they are fine so I ran away. (They did comment that they were better made than others that they had seen).
A friend was fully fitted in mountain air new boots custom liners and is very happy with the work no problem returning for tweaks and the prices were not as high as I expected in Verbier.
snow conditions
bought my Lange Fluids in Surefoot Verbier. Went for the full treatment, went back 3 times over the next 3 days for adjustments and over 3 seasons (6 weeks of skiing) I've not had a single issue, best boots I've ever owned. Pricey, but then what price comfort and performance?
latest report
If i were to go to Chamonix to buy a pair of skiboots I'd not be going to SZK (not that he's in any way bad at what he does) I'd be going to see Jules in Sanglard Sports. He is the reason Footworks originally got it's great reputation for bootfitting & is probably the individual that trained the SZK (though i don't know this for sure). I've certainly never had any problems with any of the work he's done for me 1 pair of boots circa 10 years ago & a new liner & footbeds about 2 years ago which are incidentally perfect.
snow report
another vote for Nick at Mountain Air, very honest advice, no BS, saw my feet and told me he couldnt make a footbed for them then gave me the number of a podiatrist in Sion, excellent rate for small adjustments also, where as surefoot tried to sell me their outrageously expensive footbeds, and of course the obligatory foam liners, stay clear.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy