Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dodgy One-piece Awards 2008

Poster: A snowHead
I'll start the season off with a nomination for the His & Hers Category:

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc159/rugbug_bucket/Engelberg/Nice.jpg

I could be way off on this, but the suit on the left actually looks new. Could it be a new retro look?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
NASTY!! Laughing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
awesome!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
That is awesome! Very Happy I want one!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
anyone know where i can get me one of those? Laughing

Saw quite a few suits like that in La Thuile last year.

Met an old French guy on a diving holiday a few years ago and commented on his 1950's wetsuit - he was a proper character, a real interesting guy. Anyway, he told me that he still skied in the same suit he'd had since the 70's but that it was really cold because the material had worn thin - to counteract the cold, he stuffed the legs with crunched up newspaper. Very bizarre.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I like this one particularly. Thinking of buying it for the EoSB. snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
oh wow.... short link
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I may be wrong but aren't those sx 62 rear entries, fair play to them.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
magic_hat, unfair! That's not a one-piece, but it is beautifully hideous! Laughing

I've noticed it is a lot harder finding one-piece jackets for men than women...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
one word

why Puzzled
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
http://www.fluorescentrompersuits.co.uk/ Laughing enjoy!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boredsurfin, Wouldn't it be dreadful if that site showed you or someone you knew!! Shocked
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Embarassed Embarassed My son told his friend that we were going skiing in March and just before Christmas said friends' mum came round with two one-piece suits that I am "welcome to borrow" One is pure white with "Cinzano" emblazoned across it and the other is just as bad. I was, for once, speechless.
Thankfully I can take my new jacket round to show her what I got for Christmas, Phew!
Hope she's not a snowhead Shocked
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I saw loads in Serre Che at Xmas/New Year (mainly Italians), and also lots of rear-entry bookts, and skinny skis. NO camera handy though Sad
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Does anyone wear these for a laugh? Like being so uncool you actually start to become cool?
ski holidays
Lots of folks here mention rear entry boots - they were probably what we had in Lenzerheide 10+ years ago, but I can't recall how they worked - what is different in the design of them and why are they nowadays laughable, i.e. how is the modern entry system better?
N.B. Don't worry about the above here, I'm off to shove it on equipment and reviews it sounds a historical question right up the bootfitters streets.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 6-01-08 21:41; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
zebedee, Surely that would be the only possible excuse Toofy Grin
snow report
Megamum, they were meant to be easier, but weren't, and the hills resounded to the futile clicking of ratchets as people struggled to get them comfortable and effective.
ski holidays
stoatsbrother, Great Laughing Laughing I've stuck it in 'equipment' - maybe we'll see what acid comments we get from SZK!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy