Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

snow chains in andorra

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
me and 4 mate are of to andorra on 14th Jan one of my mates keeps bleating that we should get snow chains, but i have been there twice with TO and i am thinking if coaches can get to the resort a car can. anyone in Soldeu at the mo that can advise snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jase2472, if there's a snowstorm you'll need chains and may be stopped by the police without them. If there isn't, you won't. The fact that you've been twice and not encountered a snowstorm is, really, neither here nor there. It's like saying "I've been to Manchester twice, and it didn't rain then so it won't rain next time". In bad weather coaches need chains too; I once sat beside the road near Albertville for well over an hour when the coach drivers struggled with the huge, heavy, unfamiliar beasts. Your friends are right that it is always wise,and sometimes compulsory, to have chains. Are you hiring a car or driving your own? I'm not at Soldeu, but even if I were, I would have no idea whether you were going to need chains on 14 Jan! If you don't have winter tyres you're more likely to need chains, obviously.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jase2472, Which end of Andorra are you coming in at? I know you are going to Canillo, if you come from the French side then be aware that the French have little interest in clearing their roads and paticualy if it is night time Hence the TO coaches being stuck for 24 hours 2 years ago. Once in Andorra the tunnel d'Envalira will enable you to avoid going over the pass. Chains are cheap €30 approx for hire car type sizes and available from most garages and supermarkets. If coming in from the Spanish end there are plenty of illuminated overhead signs which will tell you if you need chains, again garages and supermarkets have them. The problem could be that where you are staying, you might need chains to get there especially if it snows while you are there. (snow forecast for Fri & Sat next week) Look here to get a better idea. http://www.mobilitat.ad/ES/webcams.asp and clic on the "activar panels" and you can read them real time.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dypcdiver, we are now staying in Soldeu pal coming from Girona snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jase2472 wrote:
Dypcdiver, we are now staying in Soldeu pal coming from Girona snowHead

Keep a close eye on the weather forecast, go via the cadi tunnel and you can buy chains at the giant hypermarket on the left after you enter Andorra as unless there is a major dump the roads should be o.k up to there

If you don't need them on the way up you can take a view when you are there, as every shop sells them practically as to whether you need them on the way back

Did Girona airport to Pas de la casa the other week in 3H 5 mins (went via tunnel du puymorens) not sure how long it takes going the other way as it's been a few years..
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jase2472, You may have had no problem when you went previously. On the other hand I went up into the Pyrenees from Perpignan 3 years ago. There had been such a huge dump that the resorts and railway up had been closed for 2 days and the roads were just about passable, wouldn't have stood a chance without chains.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
with the weather now i think i might have to buy water wings Confused
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy