Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can anyone recommend a good Ski Instructor in Val Thorens

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I'm going to Val Thorens on the 19th of Jan, first ski trip of the year, can't wait!! I'm an intermediate skier who is happy on the reds and like challenging myself on the blacks (I tell myself, falling over is all part of the fun!) To prevent this falling over from happening quite so often I was looking at hiring a private instructor for a day or so to help improve my technique on the steeper pistes and maybe help me make the transition from on to off of the piste!

Any advice would be muchos appreciated!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHeads mrBishi! snowHead Sorry I can't help you with your query though - I'm sure someone will be along soon who can snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Where's all the VT people when you need them Puzzled

mrBishi, welcome to snowHeads
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi mrBishi, we used Prosneige in VT last year and were really happy with them. Had group lessons and ended up about 8 in a group. They seemed to split the abilities quite well then within a grouping for intermediates gave us the option of going in a group where you'd really have to push yourself or one that would go at a bit slower pace. We went for the former and whilst I did feel my legs absolutely burning a few times made huge progress and really enjoyed the week. Also in the lessons we covered the whole area and went down into the "4th valley" which is worth it for the views alone.

We may have just got lucky with a decent instructor but they seemed well organised and on my experience I'd recommend them. Welcome to Snowheads Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mrBishi, welcome

I am not the person to ask but I do know that the EOSB used Phillpe from a non-ESF VT school and he was a nice chap. I would hope that one or two snowHead who know him better can firm up the contact details. Or PM easiski as she did a lot of the teaching there that week so must have had some sort of reciprocal arrangement. I think admin might know how to contact him as well.
All I can recall is that he did some guided sessions that week, sorry
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Phillipe teaches for Prosneige and I think has been used at the EOSB for at least a couple of years. Very nice chap, with great English. The only day I skied with him he was asked to guide rather than teach so I don't know how he would be as an instructor.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thankingyou muchly for the welcome and help so far, holidayloverxx I think they're all out enjoying the snow, I know thats where I would rather be!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mrBishi, I'll also be there for a week from the 19th and also thinking of a private lesson for off-piste and general technique tidying up. PM me if you'd like to hook up and share the cost.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mrBishi, A few years ago (4/5) we used Bernard and Fabienne his wife and also a chap called Patric. All speak passable English, the males in the group all raved about Fabienne. wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I seem to be hearing good things about Prosneige, but ESF do have an xPlore the Three Valleys lesson which looks quite good, anyone done it before?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mrBishi,
Had lessons with Lara from Prosneige in 2006. I thought her instruction and communication was very good and she had a very pleasant manner as well Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Looking for an instructor for some private lessons. Anyone care to provide any up to date recommendation?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ringingmaster, Claude Decagny is a good bet. Great instructor who is very popular at the EOSB.

http://www.snowarea.net/

He also posts here occasionally as Snowarea
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dave Mitchel from ESF is very good. English guy so no language barrier.
tel 0033671381031 .
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ringingmaster, mrBishi, I'd second geepee's, recommendation for Claude. Top bloke, top instructor snowHead Oh - excellent English too wink
ski holidays
Xavier from ESF in Orelle - speaks really good English, knows the place like the back of his hand. Think he's ex professional freestyle skier, good fun, enthusiastic .

Expect he would meet you in VT

73140 ORELLE
Tél : 04 79 56 74 11
Fax : 04 79 56 74 11
esf_orelle@yahoo.fr
ski holidays
Thanks for the suggestions. I will do some phoning, because I will have to fit around kids AM group lessons.
snow report
HimrBishi, Welcome in the 3 Valllées. I'm very sorry, I'm not available before next thursday. Hope you'll have a very good holiday in Val Thorens, you'll find a nice ski instructor and have a lot of fun. Kind regards

Thanks to Michelle, geepee for your recommendation.

Claude
latest report
I am not going until end of March. Happy
snow report
ringingmaster, PM Claude snowHead
snow report
Looking for an instructor in Val Thorens speaking English as a first language for private snowboard lessons. Want to start with a 2 hour with maybe possibility for a follow-up and perhaps some off-piste guiding.
Not done off-piste before but I have done plenty of black runs.

I'll be out there this Saturday (17th March) for a week....

Cheers
snow report
Snowspeed, Very sorry, I don't teach snowboarding anymore, only skiing. All the best. Claude
latest report
snowarea, Hi I have just been reading a thread about VT as we have booked for w/c 8 April. We are a family of varying abilties from Daughter aged 14 who can ski natural blacks with right intstructor to younger daughter who is more nervous and inot blues and occasionally reds. Me and husband are in between_ he's blue/reds and I'm blue/reds/blacks. Looking for somebody who could show us the area- good places to ski and coudl coach us as we go. Is there any chance you could help - or have any ideas? Thx
snow conditions
tinabf, Very quick reply before going teaching. I'am available from 8th to 14th April for you at the moment. Please would you send email with details (days, how many hours a day, morning, afternoon, all day, ...) to my private address : info@snowarea.net. Many thanks.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy