Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski weekends but not a package!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Sad How does anyone book an independant trip? Flights are no problems, transfers no problem, but accommodation... no chance.

We were hoping to get to Austria for 4 days skiing, can get a package offering me 2.5 days skiing via a TO, at £449 but, since can get flights and trfs to the ones near Innsbruk or Salzburg thought could do much better.

So far of all sites and links tried, over 48 hotels have said no vacancies for any weekend dates between now and mid feb!!!!

This cannot be true, can it???

Any ideas?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chris M-J, Does sound unusual, especially for January. Best bet would be to phone some hotels I think; the websites are often set up to only accept full week bookings, but a phone call could secure more flexible accommodation, especially before peak season.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Austria seems to be really busy all season these days... a combination of their German market returning and huge numbers coming in increasing numbers from former eastern block. Got one tip for you... I tried in vain to book a 3 day corporate trip into Kitzbuhel, Kirchberg, Soll, etc etc you name it. Tried everything. Then I decided to look at Mittersill & Hollersbach because they have a brand new gondola that goes into the Kitzbuhel ski area. So that's where we're heading. Best contact there is www.valleyofdreams.at

The apres won't be quite up to Kitzbuhel standards but the deal is really good.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Agree with Bode Swiller, that trying slightly out of the way places can be the way to do it. H and I are going to Dienten Am Hochkonig on Jan 18th for 4 days skiingm, coming back on an evening flight on 22nd, getting 4 full days on the slopes, and only taking 2.5 days off work. Most accom people in big resorts do try and stick to the week bookings, but having said that, we're struggling to fill a couple of weeks in our place this month so if you are interested have a look at the website.

H and I paid about £60 for return flights as we booked a while agom and the apartment we are renting is costing about E30 a night each (so E120 for the trip), and the car hire is £60 each, so whole trip is costing us around £200 each, plus lift passes and food etc. A lot cheaper than the TOs can do in my experience.

D
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chris M-J, we have space! We dont mind what day guests turn up or how long they stay. We are 45 mins from Salzburg airport straight down the motorway. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Chris M-J, It is possible, but you have to work at it. A group of 9 of us are going to Solden for 4 days on 31 Jan. We're having to stay in 2 hotels, each for 2 nights, but so be it. The first hotel is bang in the town centre, next to the main lift, but the other is out of town 3km from Solden. Getting between the two is not a problem as we'll have hire cars.

We fly out Thurs am, on the slopes early afternoon, then fly back late Monday night, so this gives us 4.5 days slope time.

As others have said, it's best to book with the hotels, the resort websites have good online booking/searching facilities. As the time gets nearer you'll have more chance of getting part week bookings ... good luck.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for those suggestions fellow Snowheads, have been able to find a few possibilities, fingers crossed and I'll be able to enjoy some of this years great snow. And having never been to Austria, really looking forward to skiing in a country where its their national sport.

Thanks again
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you include B&Bs and small pensions, I'd be surprised if you can't find something; I've never failed over about 15 years of sneaky weekends. Try enlisting the help of the local tourist office; my experiece (in Austria) is that they are very helpful.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chris M-J, our apartment is free between now and the end of Jan, if you are interested. Happy to offer short breaks.

D
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi, if you can sort out flights and transfers yourself then www.activitybreaks.com might be of some use to you.

I booked with them for the first time this year and so far they've given me really professional services. The hotel was very helpful with my questions when I was planning all the logistics of the trip. My holiday is not until the end of January tho.. so fingers crossed! Razz
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Schladming still had spaces last time I looked. I just got back - www.schladming-rohrmoos.at has a full accomodation search engine that is the business for finding last minute rooms. aj xx
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy