Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LECH???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just booked 7 nights accommodation at a pension in Lech for 2nd week of Feb for me and hubby! Never skied in Austria before, usually head to the states - but can't afford it this year - anyone got any hints or tips on Lech? Where to go? Where to avoid! Good places to eat - drink? Any insider tips on skiing,
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lech is the best resort in Austria.

Everywhere is good for eating and drinking.

St Anton gets tracked out fast, but Lech always has plenty of untouched pow.

Enjoy.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for posting whitegold! Sounds lush!!!! Can't wait!!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lech is a picture postcard lovely resort with a river running through the town and immaculately kept 4* and 5* hotels everywhere you look.
There are bigouteries to take advantage of any scale of spending compulsion yet many of the restaurants are very reasonably priced. The standard of service in my experience was impecable everywhere.
It's particularly nice to end your day's skiing in Oberlech, stop for a drink or few and then ski the last section into Lech when the slopes are empty.

Oh yes and a ridiculously high proportion of the chairlifts have heated seats.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
lkmiller79, For once I'd agree with Whiteknob. It's pretty hard to miss with Lech.

There's a heated (!) eight seater chair Steinmader off the back of the area. As you go up it on skiers left there is a large off-piste area, that's within sight of the chair all the way. Follow the obvious tracks (run is sort of marked on the piste map) to avoid having to walk too much. Alternatively, ski between the two red runs off this chair. Red runs are good in their own right. If you carry on past the bottom of chair you go down a wideish track that later opens up and you can make your way to the Zugerberg chair (make sure it's open before committing yourself or you can always catch the bus back if not). At the top of Zugerberg was a good place to eat pizza. From here you can drop off right to nice wide open bit off off-piste (also marked on the map) back to Zugerberg chair.

Off the Weibermahd chair, if they still have it, was a little speed run you could do.

Off the Kriegerhorn there are couple of marked blacks but it's all just one big open face really.

We never had a bad meal in the place. Lot's of places for lunch off to the right off the drag Ubingslift or you can get there from speed run chair with a bit of poling.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
lkmiller79, Lech is wonderful! Don't forget to take the gondola to Zurs and ski the white ring, and take the bus to Alpe Rauz - the Valfegehr Bahn and ski to St.Anton. Then ski the reds at Stuben.
The best lunchtime goulash soup is at Hotel Salome in Oberlech.
Oh- and the Zurser Tali from the top of the Madloch Bahn is a lovely run between the mountains.
p.s. We call 'shopping' in Lech 'Strolzing' - you'll see why when you get there. Toofy Grin
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
erica2004 is right. Don't miss the White Ring. It is mainly Red and blue. There is a short section labeled as 33, 32 & 33a which isn't groomed but appeared to be mogul-free. You can only do it in clockwise direction and can start from Lech. It is documented in the piste map.

Nice place to be!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
lkmiller79,
Think you've made a good choice. I'm going to Lech in a couple of weeks. I haven't been there before but I have researched it to death and it seems to be top class under every heading. You might enjoy this post from a couple of months ago.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=731236&highlight=lech#731236
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy