Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fernie: demo skis then buy?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know of 2 rental shops in Fernie, thanks to the website and snowHeads. Does any shop do demos and then take the rental off the purchase price?

thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
holidayloverxx, most do but I'd email them in advance to confirm.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
holidayloverxx, As far as I can remember, the hire shop on the Hill didn't actually sell skis. There are ski shops in town, but I don't think they rented. Best to check. Puzzled
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hey holidayloverxx,

The shop on the hill has limited stuff, and it's not the same as the hire shop, so you wouldn't be testing exactly the same things as you buy. I spent last season there and actually bought a pair of ex rental head monsters from the guys at the rental shop for a great deal.

In town, SkiBase definitely does try before you buy kind of things, and with the price the hill charges to rent it's definitely worth it - A friend of mine did this last year when he came out to visit and got a good deal on a pair each for him and his partner. The Off pist type shop on 2nd ave (forget the name, but it's something hut or shack) also does test skis if you're into touring types or real wide things.

One word of warning though, whilst it has easily enough shops, it isnt like whistler or somewhere where you can get any type of skis you like, if you want somethign in particular you might want to phone ahead.

Have an awesome time in Fernie though, hope you get a few pow days.

R
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ski Base is probably your best bet though Guide's Hut is a quality shop for the freeride/tour side of things. On hill you may be limited to whatever manufacturers RCR has its current deal with.

There are more high end rental places but I'm not sure they all sell the skis witha credit for the hire.

If you luck out there might be a free demo weekend though. fairly common with visiting sales reps.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
SnowboardRob, Welcome to snowHeads and thanks for the info

fatbob, thanks to you too - who are the "more high end rental" people (forgetting the selling angle for now)?

6 weeks to go Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There's a place in the Lizzard Creek lodge does rentals on the hill and there used to be a place operated out of a hut at Riverside which I think is now called the Stanford.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
fatbob, excellent, that's where we are staying Very Happy (Lizzard Creek)
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The RCR rental place has it's deal with Head this year. Had to rent a pair of Monsters after temporarily losing a ski. I saw an advertisement selling Monster 82s for $400. Absolute bargain (~£200). Ski Base has Volkl and K2. Guide's Hut stocks Nordica. Maybe the other way round but you get the picture. Don't expect to find any Scotts out there: a local told me they'd only just arrived in Canada (prob meant locally to Fernie). Got a few interested looks wearing mine.

SnowboardRob, welcome to snowHead s. My brother, PhotoTim is out in Fernie this season. Plenty of freshies so far snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski Base has Rossi, Nordica and Salomon, Straightline Acadamy has Line, Movement, Moment, Armada, The Guide Hut has K2, Volkl, Faction, Dynastar (ish).

Quest at Lizard Creek has Mantras and Katanas to rent, might have Gotamas too, that I noticed, as well as more "normal" skis.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sharkymark, DaveC, thansk for that. Interested in trying Volkl, Mr HL likes K2
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy