Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Question - Board with a dodgy back or have an operation

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Kruisler, well they did look good odds on Sunday night, but i have 6 weeks before my L2A trip so I am hopeful, I keep forgetting a few weeks ago I could hardly walk after the op so I need to take things easy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rayscoops, you need to buy The Hoff board, that will help wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DebbiDoesSnow, no Hoffing chance Shocked

Anyway the little relapse from last week has sorted itself out and I think it was muscular rather than disc

Just had my first proper physio session (initial one was only a few weeks after the op so still sore - just a few simple exercises) whereby I have a few more extensive 'core strength' exercises to do now, but even after half an hour of physio I feel that the muscles in the lower back have relaxed and eased and I am walking/moving with very little discomfort Very Happy, I am beginning to believe in this 'core stability/strength' idea and that looking after the muscles around the disc area is quite important !!

The bad thing is that a cheeky little trip before my Dec 18th trip to L2A is starting to drift in to my head, but I am trying to not listen to the little voices Laughing
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rayscoops,

they talk to you too? Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rayscoops, If, after booking you don't feel up to boarding you can always sit in the bar and soak up the atmosphere !
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Kruisler wrote:
rayscoops, they talk to you too? Madeye-Smiley
only on weeks days wink

DebbiDoesSnow, very true and was my thinking anyway with the 18th Dec trip Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
well, I reckon I am just about fit for active duty !! and still have the best part of a month to go Very Happy before my holiday - W00T - I believe is the word Very Happy Puzzled
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rayscoops, bloody good show young man ! Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rayscoops, Great news... Very Happy

So I suppose we gonna get a trip report every other day throughout the season now! Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rayscoops,

So? how did the back hold up in L2A?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
And more importantly has Swirly pulled any chalet girls yet wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Kruisler - Well I was sitting on the mountain heading back to the resort and asked Swirly why the area was not a piste and he mentioned because it was 38 degree pitch and the piste bashers could not get up it, so I suppose my back must have been ok Wink , although it is a bit sore now !

DebbieDoesSnow - you will have to get out there and ask him for youself, although I did suggest he needs to lower, or perhaps widen, his expectations Wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rayscoops,

cont. from the rugby thread..

What's up with the back then? Sad
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kruisler, something to do with taking boarding hols too early after the op maybe Little Angel but the op was only going to relieve the pressure on the nerve and not provide me with a new back ! On Thursday I was simply dropping a single piece of paper down onto a low coffee table and it left me totally b@uggered Shocked I had my first sort of proper nights sleep last night since and I am still walking around like an old man, but it is something that I just need to get on with. Shame that I have 9 day trip arranged for 27th Feb, but i am hopeful Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rayscoops,

Not nice...

For last years trip, my back was b*ggered as well. Painful when standing, worse when sitting, just about OK when lying. At one point I lied down backward on a bench in a bar while my mate was getting the drinks, to ease the pain....Couldn't get back up!

On the mountain: no issues except at strapping times... Very Happy

But it was muscular...

Don't give up hope! wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy