Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Meribel Motterat

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey I'm new here, had a quick search but found nothing much so first post it is.

Anyway there is 4 of us going to meribel motterat in a couple of weeks, my question is what is the best way to get back from meribel to motterat after partying? I know there is a free bus but the last bus it 12pm from meribel centre and TBH some nights will probably be later than that! Is there a decent taxi service with a rank which people use or would you have to pre-book one?

Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Martin., There are taxis, but not being late types (old, boring, sad etc) we have never had to use them. I believe they can be a bit on the expensive side. Be aware that Mottaret is very spread out. Once had to climb from Mottaret centre to the top by the Hameau (lots of steel steps) and it nearly killed me. There is a good and by 3V standards cheap bar at the top of the Hameau.

snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We had a few nights out in Meribel while staying in Motterat, we'd mostly make an effort catch the bus back at 12 and have a few drinks back at the apartment. Although, one night went straight to the bar after skiing and caught the last (wrong) bus taking us down the mountain. A cab back up to Motterat was pretty expensive and took about 30 minutes to arrive once we'd made the call.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the help guys going to have to cut down on the early morning drinking till we get back up to Motterat! Chris Bish do you remeber the name of the bar? Also is there any decent clubs up at Motterat? I've hard there is a couple.

Cheers. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Martin.,

Try the Downtown bar in Mottaret centre
Crocdile bar at top by Hameau I think
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The Croc is more of a restaurant than a bar as such. The bar I am thinking of is the one in the Hameau itself. If you get off the bus at the top of Mottaret by thye little roundabout, it is in that bulding upstairs. Can't miss it really. It is cheap by 3V standards.

snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
So yeh I just got back, I thought incase anyone else needs this information I'll post it.

The navette (bus) runs from motteret to meribel and vice-versa until 12 midnight last bus, after then you're left with the taxis (well unless you want a hike up a very long, cold and dark green run then 500 steps to the top of Mottertet) We caught the taxi twice and it cost 30 euros both times and they seat upto 8 people, so not bad at all if there is a few of you. The best chance of getting a taxi come closing time is right outside Dicks Tea Bar as they line up out there, be warned a nice big que can form so try and sneak out half an hour before closing if you can.

Bars in Motteret are alright but nothing comapred to Meribel, the only good thing is the happy hours tend to be from 6-7 instead of 4-5.

Hope this helps someone.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just climb in a beer tardis. You will be there in seconds.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yeh I was despertly trying to find my beer scooter but I think I must have left it here.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy