Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

val d isere Arpil 21-25 2008

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

This is my first post and will be my first ski trip abroad so any tips would be appreciated on what to do in val. I am a beginner but taking lots of dry lessons in preparation, just decided to go off and do it after hearing all the stories from some friends. Yes i may be a bit crazy but would welcome any
suggestions that you may have.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hello. Are you planning to have any lessons while you're there? If you were thinking about having any private lessons (which I have found to be a really good way to learn for me) then I would recommend The Development Centre (www.tdcski.com). They're not cheap but I've used them twice (once in a group in one of their coaching clinics with Dougie and i had some private lessons last year with Paul) and had really good experiences. They don't do classes for beginners but I'm sure others could recommend other ski schools if you'd rather have group lessons... Sorry if you were after recommendations for crazy night life, I'm normally passed out with exhaustion by about 9pm on skiing holidays!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks NatalieG, yes i am planning some lessons when i arrive, i guess it would be very rude not too so all recommendations very appreciated indeed. Yes the crazy night life i hear is also to be experienced, looking forward to this very much too. Thank you again for the info.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi stepheng, welcome to snowHead s

Congratulations on "taking the plunge". Are you going on your own or with mates?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Nick, yes i am taking the plunge its something i do now and again (crazy scotsman). Will be alone but would be great to meet up with some like minded people although don't want to appear as billy no mates. Thanks
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Have you thought about the EOSB? (See Snow Events) It's the same week but needs you to have achieved a modicum of competence on they dry slopes to be viable.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes nick i have, just need to see what level i can progress to before i start to commit to anything but never say never. I want to be able to enjoy rather than just turn up a frustrated whingeing scotsman who cant leave the bar (lol). Need to prove to these friends of mine i've done it.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stepheng,
Welcome to snowHeads. snowHead
This is late in the season to be going, you will probably find the night life a bit quiet. The other thing to watch is that the slopes will be very varied in the quality of the snow through the day and possibly from day to day. I would definately take some lessons in order to find the best snow and to ask where are the best places to ski when not in lessons. The same piste can change from difficult and icy to a beautiful skiing suface to horrible and slushy in a short period of time or even at the same time in different parts of the piste at this time of the year. If you are not used to assessing the conditions and judging the sun and the altitude you may find yourself thinking the conditions are horrible when there is very good skiing close by.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for that T Bar, a lot of good pointers to consider which i have taken on board. For sure lessons are the way to go for me knowing too that quite late in the season certain runs will not be accessible (for a beginner), such a grandiose first time location may be a little daunting for some but thats how i approach certain situations (head first into the deep end). Iam very humbled for the response given by the experts on this board to such an inexperienced person like myself, thanks all for help and guidance so far.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy