Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nordica Olympia Speed Machine 8's

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I bought a pair of these today. Nice snug fit, comfortable but I'm still nervous about buying here in Ireland. I can bring them back as the guy in the shop said to wear them for a few hours and see how they feel to make sure they're comfortable.

I know I've been recommended here to buy the boots abroad, but I'm nervous about that as I want to be able to bring them back if there's a problem.

They are very comfortable and a similar price to the price in the UK if the higher VAT rate here in Ireland is taken into account.

As I'm going to Val Thorens, I don't think I'm going to save much money by waiting...

My boyfriend bought in Sauze D'Oulx last season, he didn't get any fancy bootfitting and his boots are fine. I was having the problem with the Salomon boots that I bought in 04/05 that my left little toe was going numb after about 15 mins, everything else grand. I tried another pair of new Salomon's, had the exact same problem. Haven't had this problem with the Nordica boots, had them on in the shop for a good 20 mins.

So, I find these boots comfortable, I tried on a similar Salomon, 2 similar Tecnica's, this boot felt the best.

Should I return the boots and buy in Val Thorens, bearing in mind that I will be buying my boots after my first days skiing, or should I keep these boots? Will I get that much more value for money in VT or as it's in 3 Vallées, it won't be much cheaper?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy