Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

best powder in europe?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
afternoon chaps (and chapettes)

i'm just back from 2 weeks in Banff and totally fell in love with the uber-powder at sunshine. Wierd name for the resort though, i think we had one sunny morning. my mate and i had a great time larking around in the bowls (mainly 'Paris' for anyone who knows the area) and we've now seriously got the powder bug.

unfortunately we cant afford canada every year, so does anyone have any ideas for european resorts with reliably good powder not to far away from the pistes (we're both too lazy to hike far). we're both pretty good skiers but our ladies are a little less adventurous, so somewhere a bit more 'accessible' than grave would be useful to keep them happy as well.

any thoughts welcome.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
teetree, try ischgl, there is more off piste than on, and it is all quite accessible from the lifts with a guide
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
teetree, compromise! do a week in Banff, how was the snow at Sunshine? Is farside on Goatseye open? I leave in a week/.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
the snow at sunshine was spectacular. although we found it better on standish and wawa than on the other side. the short drops off the edge of the paris traverse made for some awesome, if short 'powder flying everywhere' runs, although the first time through the 'waterfall' at speed was a bit interesting.

if by 'the far side of goatseye' you mean the wild west and dilerium dive, they were both closed unfortunately. sorry. most of it was open though. and they were expecting more big dumps (he he he) over new year.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
teetree, far side being "renegade" "stampede" all those runs, 15 minunte hike up top of goatseye chair. Hells Kitchen on Goatsye (skiiers right of Goatseye lift) is a fantastic run!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
For lift-accessible powpow, Lech-St Anton, Val d'Isere-Tignes, Zermatt, Verbier and Chamonix are the big 5.

Of those 5, Lech-St Anton gets by far the most average snowfall each year.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
teetree,

Been to Sunshine once and in my 15 trips to Europe have never seen the same quality of snow that Sunshine receives constantly. Sure, most European resorts get big dumps, but there is something very special about Sunshine snow.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy