Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

London to Salzburg without Ryanair

Poster: A snowHead
Snowheads, the family are off to Zell am Zee at the start of February and due to work restrictions I can only get out there for the end of their week. I intend to arrive Thursday depart on Monday.

The problem I have is I want to get as much skiing time in as possible, the obvious solution to this is out on Ryanair’s early flight and back on its last flight, problem is I hate Ryanair! I flew with them to Salzburg in November and vowed never to do it again but my other options are limited if I want to squeeze the 3 full days and 2 half days of skiing in.

Suggestions anyone? Can I get the train? Do I have other flight options I haven’t thought of yet?

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thomson run flights from places like Coventry & Bournmouth. Seem a little better than ryanair. No how you feel, i've vowed several times to avoid ryanair but sometimes hard. The train is a pretty long slog, I think probably best via Munich. There's another option, fly to Muncih, I guess Zell is 2 hours from there.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mollynmeg, thomson only fly saturdays I think.... same with flybe. BA do London - Salzburg, though the timings are not so good for a short trip. Just grit your teeth and treat air travel like the utility it has become. So they're rude - who cares? Your skin is thicker, and your desire to go skiing stronger. Treat it like a survival course - you're harder, fitter, happier and better than they are - they can't touch you. After a while it really works - the ruder they are the more it makes you laugh... I am psyching myself up for a few trips with them and their orange competitors in the next few weeks....

Remember the 'customer care' shown by other airlines is fake - they all resent seeing us happy, rich, excited skiers while they work they're dead-end sky-waiter job - they just mask it (slightly) better.

Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I live in London and don't have a car so regional airports are out of the question and another reason why Stansted is impracticable. Compared to Gatwick and Heathrow it is expensive to get to.

Will take a look a look at the Munich option.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This is my point, why should I have to psyche myself to get on a plane. I hate the fact that the PA system is turned up louder on Ryaniar, I hate the pre flight advertising, I refuse to buy the cheaper tickets 'into London' as I can't bear the thought of a) Ryaniar having any more of my money b) having to communicate with the squeaky flight attendant who has been keeping me awake the whole flight with his announcements.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
www.whichbudget.com gives the budget airlines that fly to and from various places. Munich will give you better options that Salzburg. Good luck.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mollynmeg, British Airways fly from Gatwick to Salzburg - sometimes you can get a good price. Or Austrian Airlines from Heathrow, but Ive never managed to get a good price with them. Thompsonfly leave from Gatwick but I think its only Saturdays this year. Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

I hate the fact that the PA system is turned up louder on Ryaniar, I hate the pre flight advertising, I refuse to buy the cheaper tickets 'into London' as I can't bear the thought of a) Ryaniar having any more of my money b) having to communicate with the squeaky flight attendant who has been keeping me awake the whole flight with his announcements.

mollynmeg, it sounds as though this trip could do you more harm than good. Take a chill pill, some earplugs and a good book. It's worth it. Without the advertising they'd have to put the fares up. I live so far from Stansted I have rarely flows Ryanair but I fly easyJet a lot and have yet to encounter anybody rude.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mollynmeg, Easyjet Gatwick to Innsbruck ?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Salzburg is the easiest airport for Zell, but the journey from Munich by train is fairly straightforward. (never done Zell from Innsbruck, so can't comment on that option). It is possible to do Zell from London by rail, but it would be a long journey for a weekend.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mollynmeg, you have got it bad... I guess you're right to vote with your feet if you feel so strongly - shame it'll impact on your skiing though. Nothing gets in my way when it comes to maximising sliding time.

You do get some good moments though.... this quote from a steward on the way back from Salzburg recently - all delivered in the standard 60 words per minute sod-you monotone they teach them at ryanair charm skool;

"We will soon be dimming the cabin lights for take off. Not only does this comply with air traffic safety regulations it is also much more romantic" lol
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
try www.skyscanner.net it gives you every airline flying the sector you need snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
red 27, Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Skyscanner also gets my vote ... great site!!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I dont know if Innsbruck is any good for transferring to ZAS but I looked at some london - innsbruck flights with British Airways online recently and found them to be on sale! Think I found some returns for as low as 60quid, and with a non-"low-cost"-airline.
snow report
i dont like ryanair especially if you hit a snag...... but they seem to have the best flight times for what your after as salzburg is not too well served from london. For the sake of two hours on one of their planes i am biting my lip and looking forward to the skiing... can you do the same?
snow report
As much as it annoys me if I want to get the 3 full days and 2 half days of skiing in I have to fly with Ryanair out of Stansted.

The other options from what I can work out don’t really give me the length of time on piste that Ryanair can provide.

I suspect there will be a significant amount of lip biting.
snow report
Print this off before you travel and leave it in the inflight magazine for someone else to enjoy ! Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
I flew with Ryanair to Salzburg for the first time recently, I was quite pleased with them generally, strictly on time both out and return and staff was polite. As regards in flight comforts well it says "budget airline"...
But it was far better than a charter to France I was on once - you should have seen the cabin of that plane... actually, good you didn't.
latest report
Turns makes a good point - They're very competative with Stelios's lot about who has the most on-time flights, so they just leave the latecomers behind - quite right to
ski holidays
mollynmeg wrote:
I suspect there will be a significant amount of lip biting.

Its only a short flight. I am not too fussed about Ryanair either, but I use them very often - they allow me to travel cheaply but more important they offer direct flights. As I have said before, the only downside is if anything goes wrong...

London to Salzburg is only a short hop - do it to get your maximum ski time!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy