Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

where are all the good deals?!

Poster: A snowHead
back in the hunt for a ski holiday after the festive break and im suprised to see that prices still seem to be holding strong.

Got a budget of £200-300 for a weeks catered inc flights but dont seem to be able to find much! Pre christmas, skiline seemed to be my weapon of choice for good deals, however their revamped site is now pretty awful!

I know ive got a realistic budget as ive done it before- in fact, ive just looked and I paid a measly 280quid to go to les arcs last year!

open to suggestions- resort needs to be decent for beginners as taking the GF for her first time

ta!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think the good early season snow means that more people have booked than would have been the case last year (or indeed many years).

Which means the have fewer unsold holidays to unload, and therefore prices will be staying higher.

When it comes to late deals, "realistic" has to take account of factors such as this.

It could well be worth looking at the individual TO sites, although the consolidators usually have most of those deals, they are sometimes a little cheaper via the TO website.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I booked last week a week in Morzine on the 19th Catered at Le Viking for £359pp. Brochure price £679 .... so i'm pretty pleased with that.

That was direct through http://www.thomsonski.co.uk/

Was very close to booking La Plagne the day the Vanoise went down ... glad i didn't now Shocked
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://www.skitotal.com/Specials.aspx has catered from £240
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
See what happens in the next day or two. Many TO's won't have sorted out their late deals until today.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
we got a good deal from igluski a couple of days ago..............£280 catered chalet in La Plagne. maybe give them a try.
good luck.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cheers guys. im going to stick at it and see what appears in the next week or so. quite restricted on when we can go which doesnt help but hopefully that wont hurt too much. toying with the idea of bansko but at the mo, the price difference between there and the alps isnt enough to warrant it. ive done pamporovo on my second trip so know what to expect (this one will be my 7th). Would be perfect for my GF but not sure if there will be enough variety for me for a week...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Booked yesterday for 6 of us to go to La Rosiere on the 12th - 4* catered chalet for £254, inc flights and transfers. the deals are out there snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
papillion_rouge, looks like you'll find something good. Go for the Alps. You could do a lot worse than La Rosiere, certainly far better than Bansko. What's a "papillion", by the way?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w, thanks for picking up on the, ahem, "deliberate" mistake! its not supposed to have the last "i" in it (obviously!) but even then the name is just a daft "phrase" that we would use when we last skiied in france...anyway i shall now go and take my medicine...!

caspar, im intruiged- la ros is my ideal destination. may i ask where you stumbled upon such a deal please?!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
papillion_rouge, I'll PM you
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
papillion_rouge, I booked last week and got a weeks catered chalet with Nielson/thomas cook with flights and transfers for 175 quid each for two of us in Serre chevalier.
Up until then i was tearing my hair out the same as you seem to be because i was struggling to find anything decent under about 350. The moral of the story is keep plugging away with as many different places as possible and i'm sure you'll find something which suits.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pam w, it's a butterfly riding in the back of a moped.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lizzard, Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Lizzard, very good- I knew someone would understand what I was trying to do with my name! Laughing
ski holidays
fastandicy, thanks for the morale boost! Im still plugging away and have found a couple of potentials...

im not going to be in a position to book until mid next week anyway so hopefully by then some more deals will have surfaced!

Still, the week of the 19th it is going to be for sure so even though ive not actually booked anywhere, im still excited!
snow report
I've been looking at the same sites for bargains myself. If you're looking for a 19th Jan departure, then more deals will come out next week. I think the companies like to hold on as long as possible to sell at full price.
snow report
have you considered DIY as well?

Get a cheapo flight, sort a hire-car and then book accomodation. We booked morzine (departing Sat 5ht - wo ho!) only on Wed, having previously booked flights. Loooking like no more than £220 for a week, plus the usualy lift pass and beer tokens.

Still I like the sound of £175 for a week in a chalet in SC.
latest report
Hi there,
we have a chalet in Bansko and have a special offer on for the week of the 19th, I think that for our catered chalet and your flights, we would come in under £300.
It is great for beginners and improvers but if you are looking for a bit more of a challenge for yourself we would be happy to show you around some of the best off-piste areas.
Have a look at our site: www.christopherchalets.co.uk if you would like any more info or email us at rozov@christopherchalets.co.uk.
Happy hunting,
Victoria & Marty
ski holidays
Quote:

we have a chalet in Bansko and have a special offer on for the week of the 19th, I think that for our catered chalet and your flights, we would come in under £300.

In view of other deals available, that doesn't sound particularly enticing NehNeh
snow report
Thanks for all the posts- we have now managed to sort out a hol for the week of the 19th in a catered chalet, flights and transfers for well under £300. With the added bonus of it being in La Ros too!

So all in all im pretty pleased!

In case anybody is interested, check out www.green-rides.com for details of the chalet...

Will post a review of the hol when we get back
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy